4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2011 8:05 PM by 667586

ODI 11g error when running scenario from startscen

Hi,

I'm getting the following error when trying to run the scenario using a standalone agent:

org.apache.bsf.BSFException: exception from Jython:
      Traceback (innermost last):
      File "<string>", line 6, in ?
      ImportError: no module named re

at org.apache.bsf.engines.jython.JythonEngine.exec(JythonEngine.java:146)
           at com.sunopsis.dwg.codeinterpretor.SnpScriptingInterpretor.execInBSFEngine(SnpScriptingInterpretor.java:345)
           at com.sunopsis.dwg.codeinterpretor.SnpScriptingInterpretor.exec(SnpScriptingInterpretor.java:169)
           at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSessTaskSql.scripting(SnpSessTaskSql.java:2375)
           at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSessTaskSql.execScriptingOrders(SnpSessTaskSql.java:1616)
           at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSessTaskSql.execScriptingOrders(SnpSessTaskSql.java:1581)
           at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSessTaskSql.treatTaskTrt(SnpSessTaskSql.java:2755)
           at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSessTaskSql.treatTask(SnpSessTaskSql.java:2515)
           at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSessStep.treatAttachedTasks(SnpSessStep.java:537)
           at com.sunopsis.dwg.dbobj.SnpSessStep.treatSessStep(SnpSessStep.java:449)

Everything runs fine from the Designer. I can execute the scenarion using the agent from Designer no problem.

Any idea on this error? Sounds like a path error, but I've checked everything.

Thanks in advance.
      Nick
        • 1. Re: ODI 11g error when running scenario from startscen
          If the Jython procedure is working great in Designer then try regenerating the Scenario and try again calling it.
          • 2. Re: ODI 11g error when running scenario from startscen
            Hi,

I've regenerated a new version of the scenario, but still have the same error:

2011-01-10 10:53:44.671 ERROR ODI-1134 Agent AgentCOTS encountered an error: ODI-1217: Session LOAD_DATA_ROAMING_DATA (195001) fails with return code 7000.
            2011-01-10 10:53:45.671 NOTIFICATION Session 195,001 ended with status E (ERROR) Status message is : Session Failed :195001 : ODI-1217: Session LOAD_DATA_ROAMING_DATA (195001) fails with return code 7000.
            ODI-1226: Step 010 Imp Roaming Raw File fails after 1 attempt(s).
            ODI-1240: Flow 010 Imp Roaming Raw File fails while performing a Loading operation. This flow loads target table DR_ROAMING_RAW.
            Caused By: org.apache.bsf.BSFException: exception from Jython:
            Traceback (innermost last):
            File "<string>", line 6, in ?
            ImportError: no module named re

at org.apache.bsf.engines.jython.JythonEngine.exec(JythonEngine.java:146)
            at com.sunopsis.dwg.codeinterpretor.SnpScriptingInterpretor.execInBSFEngine(SnpScriptingInterpretor.java:345)
            • 3. Re: ODI 11g error when running scenario from startscen
              I believe i have the answer.
              When are you are triggering via ODI Designer its going and reading from this folder path Oracle_ODI1\oracledi.sdk\lib
              Now there is another Folder called Lib which has the re.py causing which enables Designer to run the re module perfectly.

When the same scenarios is being called via startscen it reads the Oracle_ODI1\oracledi\agent\lib and here there is Jython.jar is there but Lib which contains the re.py is missing.

Temporary Solution - Copy the Lib from Oracle_ODI1\oracledi.sdk\lib to Oracle_ODI1\oracledi\agent\lib and call your startscen again .It should work.

The reason i am calling this a temporary solution is that we would need to modify the odiparams accordingly to read from the right path namely(Lib) and i dont have much time to look at it now. i will look into it later.

You can try if this works and if you want you can check with metalink if there is proper solution or reach Oracle Support for more appropriate solution or any other experts who have experinced the same can update the solution.
              • 4. Re: ODI 11g error when running scenario from startscen
                Awesome. It's working perfectly without even restarting the agent.

Thanks for your help.
                Nick