2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 13, 2011 6:08 AM by so*797109*as RSS

Virus scan with java while uploading/downloading file

so*797109*as
      Hi,

I have a client requirement in my project. For that I am eagerly looking for help of java lovers.

Requirement: I have a xml and txt uploading screen in my project. Now when user will upload the data through this screen to server. First the file should be go through with virus scan. In this way user wants to remove viruses from the file when uploading.

Secondly, IF user wants to download any shared file it also should go through Virus scan.

So, we have to use this virus scan mechanism in server, so before storing the file to DB. We should scan it and if any unavoidable threat found then inform the user.

Waiting for the reply. Thanks in advance.
        • 1. Re: Virus scan with java while uploading/downloading file
          JoachimSauer
          Your post seems to be missing a question. Please read How To Ask Questions The Smart Way.

What is your environment?
          What part of that system exists?
          What virus scanner do you want to use?
          Why scan each file at least twice (one for the upload, once for each download)?
          What kind of information are you looking for?
          • 2. Re: Virus scan with java while uploading/downloading file
            so*797109*as
            Your post seems to be missing a question. Please read How To Ask Questions The Smart Way.

What is your environment?
            What part of that system exists?
            What virus scanner do you want to use?
            Why scan each file at least twice (one for the upload, once for each download)?
            What kind of information are you looking for?

Hi,

I am using Windows environment.
            I would like to use Norton/Mcafee for Virus scan. I would like to scan files during uploading and downloading because the Database is accessed by several project, in this new version we are introducing virus scan but others projects doesn't have this facility. So, we like to use this virus scan mechanism at time of Uploading and downloading to remove threat.

My question is specific, how should I do Virus scan to a file at the time of uploading/downloading it to/from server.

For example :
            We have a user interface and user wants to upload a txt file to server database from his/her machine. Now my task is to do a virus scan to check is there any threat exist in the file or not. If the file is clean/or can be cleaned through Virus scan then we will store the file to DB.

For downloading, we will follow the same process. The reason to do this is mentioned previously.

Waiting for your help eagerly.