1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 17, 2011 9:30 AM by cruz878 RSS

Error Message  Bad public user name or password. [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen

I am trying to set up the stand alone version- Primavera Professional Ver. 8.0 - to run on my laptop for demonstration purposes.

I have done the following:
      Installed Stand-alone version Primavera Professional Ver. 8.0 - form the the downloaded file from the oracle edelivery site

The installation completed well and I entered a Password - Prima123Vera - that I have noted during the initial install and I followed these recommendations from Oracle - " To complete the installation you must have full administrative rights to the machine on which you are installing the software. It is recommended that locally installed firewall and anti-virus software is disabled for the duration of the installation. Even though you are running Oracle Primavera P6 software as a stand-alone product, a network interface card or modem must be installed and TCP/IP networking software must be running on the computer. Before you begin, make sure your computer is running Windows XP Professional (SP3),

When I try to log in to the application I receive the following error

Database Configuration
      Database Logon Failed:
      Error Message

Bad public user name or password. [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.;

I have also tried the following :

The stand-alone installation of Oracle Primavera P6 software, installs Oracle Database Express Edition (Oracle Database XE). This database server component of the stand-alone installation is required to store the P6 project management databases on an individual computer. There will be three default default users for both Project Management and Methodology Management:

For Project Management, the default users are ADMPRM$PM, PRIVPRM$PM, and PUBPRM$PM.
      For Methodology Management, the default users are ADMPRM$MM, PRIVPRM$MM, and PUBPRM$MM

= i have tried all three user's with the password I generated during the install and I get the same error message as above = Bad public user name or password. [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.;

I have also tried the following

Administrative user name: sa
      Administrative password: Prima123Vera (default). If the default password is changed, type the correct password. please note I used "Prima123Vera" - without italics- as my password during the installation process.

Upon examining the registry I have found the following

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\PRIMAVERA\MSSQLServer\SuperSocketNetLib\Tcp - my data value is 2026

I can also see the Primavera folder in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ complete with PMDB and MMDB folders

I am stuck, do you have any suggestions
      Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance,
        • 1. Re: Error Message  Bad public user name or password. [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen
          FYI: This topic is in the wrong category, should be under "Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management". See if there is a way to move it and you may get more exposure.

I re-read your question and it is unclear to me what DB platform you are attempting to run on. Is this Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle. Also, please specify the version.

If Oracle:

-Are you able to TNSPING your Oracle XE instance?
          -If you can TNSPING it, try connecting from the command prompt via SQLPLUS:
          sqlplus admprm$pm/password@XE

Also worth noting, P6r8 admin functions have been moved out of the desktop client and into the Web so you will be limited in what you can demo without installing the web component.

Edited by: cruz878 on Jan 17, 2011 10:28 AM