4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 18, 2011 9:17 AM by Erik Janssen RSS

Oracle Application Server and Weblogic

Hi,

I've two question
      1- Whats the plan of Oracle for further development of Oracle Application Server AS 10g as I've heared that future development of Oracle Applications will be on Weblogic.

2- How much is the difference between weblogic and 10g AS W.R.T application configuration, deplyment and managment.

Regards,

Abbasi
        • 1. Re: Oracle Application Server and Weblogic
          Hi All,

Its two day gone and nobody is willing to reply. Kindly help me in finding Answers to my questions.

Regards,

Abbasi
          • 2. Re: Oracle Application Server and Weblogic
            MarianoP76
            1. I know that Oracle AS features will be integrated in WebLogic server. The development of Oracle AS is discontinued.

2. I cannot respond because I do not know Oracle AS.

Bye

Mariano
            • 3. Re: Oracle Application Server and Weblogic
              Erik Janssen
              1- Whats the plan of Oracle for further development of Oracle Application Server AS 10g as I've heared that future development of Oracle Applications will be on Weblogic.
              Oracle has replaced the Java container OC4J in 10g with the WebLogic server Java container in 11g. Fusion Middleware 11g is a further development of Oracle Application Server 10g. Components such as the Oracle HTTP Server, Web Cache, DCM etc are still available.
              How much is the difference between weblogic and 10g AS W.R.T application configuration, deplyment and managment
              Application deployment can still be done from JDeveloper
              Application configuration is done from the Enterprise Manager. It is different from 10g but you can get used to that

Thanks,
              EJ
              • 4. Re: Oracle Application Server and Weblogic
                Erik Janssen
                Oracle has replaced the Java container OC4J in 10g with the WebLogic server Java container in 11g. Fusion Middleware 11g is a further development of Oracle Application Server 10g. Components such as the Oracle HTTP Server, Web Cache, DCM etc are still available.
                How much is the difference between weblogic and 10g AS W.R.T application configuration, deplyment and managment
                Application deployment can still be done from JDeveloper
                Application configuration is done from the Enterprise Manager. It is different from 10g but you can get used to that

Thanks,
                EJ