1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 25, 2011 3:20 PM by 472807 RSS

update tab missing

I had a x64 version of Java 1.6.0_21 on Spanish Windows Ultimate 7 with English as both system and user languages (unfortunately, this choice was ignored, java was offered in spanish - but that is a different issue). Months after the initial installation, no update has been offered. The update tab in "control panel -> Java" is missing, although the net administrator has never disabled anything. I manually updated to 1.6.0_23. The update tab is still missing. After manual insertion of the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Update\Policy\EnableAutoUpdate the tab has appeared, but the buttons are non-functional, so I've removed the key once again.

jusched.exe is missing on my system.

I would like to have x64 java auto-updated. How is it possible?

(I would not like to install any additional x32 java or other programs for that purpose only.)

Edited by: user13767674 on 17-ene-2011 6:04
        • 1. Re: update tab missing
          I also find that the update tab is missing from the Java Control Panel. This tab was missing in my copy of 1.6.0_21 and it is still missing after a manual upgrade to JDK 1.6.0_24. The system did not perform automatic updates as expected and there was no way to perform a manual update from the Control Panel. I upgraded by downloading a new installer from oracle.com. Using the manual upgrade via the new installer the old JDK was left on the system. I had to then manually uninstall the old version.

Test System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional x64. Java JRE & JDK 1.6.0_24-b07 x64.

Edited by: user469804 on Mar 25, 2011 1:20 PM