3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2011 7:24 PM by WPaffhausen

How Much Time Does It Take To Write Data to the GL ?

essapp
      I know this is a vague question, but just at a high-level, how much time does it typically take to write data to the GL using FDM or ERPi? Are we talking minutes, hours, or overnight? We are talking about thousands of rows, not millions.

Can this process be automated to run multiple times in a day?
        • 1. Re: How Much Time Does It Take To Write Data to the GL ?
          TonyScalese
          47 minutes, 34 seconds :)

Seriously though, the write back speeds are a function of so many variables that it would be imprudent for me to comment.
          • 2. Re: How Much Time Does It Take To Write Data to the GL ?
            essapp
            No that's fair. I do understand that it all depends on a number of things. But there's usually a "normal" range to these things, like for e.g. if a salesman told you it takes half a second to load 50 million rows, you would probably question it. Let's put it this way: if there is only a few thousand rows of data, then, is it conceivable that data can be loaded in a few minutes?
            • 3. Re: How Much Time Does It Take To Write Data to the GL ?
              WPaffhausen
              Hello,

Any sales-person (or any person for that matter) that provided metrics of such things should not be trusted.
              You can not take something and apply a static/fixed measurement to something that has varying values.

Maybe the Network is Slow and running at 128kbs versus 1GB .... How are we to know how fast your network is?
              Maybe the database has 10 instances running on it at 95% utilization .... How are we to know that?
              Maybe you have a 10k SCSI drive, versus a 15k SCSI drive for data .... How are we to know that?

Too many variables that can function at different speeds to respond.

Thank you,