This content has been marked as final. Show 2 replies
Alter system switch logfile; Or
Alter system checkpoint global;
When a group is inactive then drop the group and recreate it.
Suppose say when you issue above command group 1 becomes inactive then
alter database drop logfile group 1;
then create with
add logfile group 2
(log1, log2) size 150M;
Repeat the same for other groups.
As vmalepati says, you cannot resize redo log groups.
Create three new log groups, with the size you need.
As the database cycles through the loggroups, you will be able to drop the old (smaller) ones.
1) find the instance in OEM
2) enter the "Server" tab
3) under "Storage", press "Redo log groups"
4) login the database with a strong user
5) Use the "create like"
6) Edit the size and any other things you need, and press "ok"
7) repeat 5 & 6 until you have the number of new redo log groups you need
8) delete the old redologs. Pick the ones showing "Inactive"
To force a logswitch, log in sqlplus as a strong user (system, for example)and execute the command
alter system switch logfile;