4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2011 5:04 AM by jarymo

Buyers not getting Approval Notifications

Hi,

Our Users are reporting that when they submit a purchase order and it is approved by the manager, they are not getting the approval notifications on their home page in Oracle. It was working fine till last week and Users were getting notifications.

I am the Apps DBA of this project and I don't know much about the POs. I am not sure how to diagnose this issue.

any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Buyers not getting Approval Notifications
          Srini Chavali-Oracle
          Pl post details of OS, database and EBS versions

Pl see the troubleshooting steps in MOS Doc 369595.1 (How to Diagnose Problems with Purchasing Email Notifications)

Are there any error messages in the workflow log file ? Are other notifications being sent successfully ?

HTH
          Srini
          • 2. Re: Buyers not getting Approval Notifications
            S.PDASH
            Hi,
            Could you please check your WORKFLOW NOTIFICATION Mailer is up and running...

Submit the concurrent request "Workflow Background Process" with Y,N,N (Last 3 parameter) from Application/ System Admin responsibility and once the conc req. is complete do confirm with users that they are receiving mails..

You can schedule above conc request so that users get notifications in future as well..

Hope it helps.

/S.P DASH
            • 3. Re: Buyers not getting Approval Notifications
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              It was working fine till last week and Users were getting notifications.
              Any changes have been done recently?
              I am the Apps DBA of this project and I don't know much about the POs. I am not sure how to diagnose this issue.
              Can you find any errors in the Workflow/Database log files?

Thanks,
              Hussein
              • 4. Re: Buyers not getting Approval Notifications
                jarymo
                The following is assuming the smtp server used by the workflow mailer is from the same server the concurrent manager is running on.

Is the email bouncing back to the WFMailer as not able to be delivered? If you have root email forwarded to your email account , the bounced message should come to you. If not, look in the root email account for a bounced message intended for the user not receiving the approval notification.

If there is no bounced message:

Look in the log for the smtp server sending out email. Look iin /var/log/maillog.

Look for the email addresses that should be receiving the approval notification but are not. You should either see that the message is sent or what the issue is with it. You can also try to send an email from the smtp server as the applmgr user.

mailx -v usertoreceiveemail@domain.com < testfille.txt

If you see the email is being sent and not bounced back. Have the user check their spam folder or ask their email admin if their is a serverwide spam folder.