3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2011 6:52 PM by David Debish

Error Number:70 Error Description:Permission denied

GiacomoD
      Hi All,
      I've just finished to set-up a new development environment.
      I created a new application and then I registered it.
      Now, I'm trying to load Metadata, Rules...
      But everytime I try to load or extract something (what ever metadata, rules, WDEF...) HFM returns me the following error:

Error Number:70
      Error Description:Permission denied
      Error Source:Microsoft VBScript runtime error
      Page On which Error Occurred:/hfm/DocMgr/ExtractItems.asp (if I try to extract something)

It happens only when I try to load something from the workspace while if I load i.e. metadata from the client it seems to work properly.

What can I do to fix the issue?

Pleas help me! It's urgent!!!

Thanks in advance
      Giacomo
        • 1. Re: Error Number:70 Error Description:Permission denied
          David Debish
          Hi Giacomo,

See below:

*Financial Management Error "Error Number:70 Error Description:Permission denied" When Loading or Saving Objects [ID 596447.1]*
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Modified 17-JAN-2011 Type PROBLEM Status PUBLISHED
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Applies to:
          Hyperion Financial Management - Version: 3.5.1.0.00 to 11.1.1.0.00 - Release: 3.5 to 11.1

Symptoms:
          When loading or saving Web Data Entry Forms following error appears:

Error:
          An error has occurred. Please contact your administrator"
          Error Number: 70
          Error description: permission denied
          Error source: microsoft VBScript runtime error
          Page On which Error Occurred:/hfm/data/WebFormBuilder.asp

This error can also be seen performing any load or save task in HFM, for example loading journal data, although the Page on which Error Occurred will change depending on what task is being undertaken.

*Cause:*
          This issue is caused by NTFS permissions on the FileTransfer folder on the HFM Web Server and can be verified by giving the Everyone group Full Access Control to the FileTransfer folder as a test. Normally this issue will require the Internet Guest Account and the IIS Launch user to have Full access to the FileTransfer folder on the HFM webserver.

*Solution:*
          On the HFM Web Server

Check the data value of FileTransferFolderPath value in the Windows Registry:
          HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Hyperion Solutions\Hyperion Financial Management\Web
          In Windows Explorer navigate to the folder specified in above registry, right-click on folder name and select Properties then the Security tab.
          Give Full Control permissions to the Internet Guest Account and Launch IIS Process Account users.
          Click apply.
          If the above changes do not resolve the issue try assigning HFM DCOM user as anonymous access identity in IIS:

Start the IIS Manager console
          Drill down to the DefaultAppPool, right click and select "Properties"
          Navigate to the "Identity" tab, select "Configurable" and modify the user identity to match that of the HFM DCOM user used during the HFM setup.
          Click Apply and OK
          Further drill down to the HFM Web Site, right click and select "Properties"
          Navigate to the "Directory Security" tab
          In the "Authentication and access control", click "Edit"
          For the "Anonymous access" change the user/password to the HFM DCOM user credentials
          Click OK, OK
          Restart IIS

Drop me a note if you continue to experience any problems after this configuraration is applied.

G'Luck
          -David
          • 2. Re: Error Number:70 Error Description:Permission denied
            GiacomoD
            Hi David,

I've applied what you suggested and the issued it seems to be solved.

Thanks a lot!!!

Giacomo
            • 3. Re: Error Number:70 Error Description:Permission denied
              David Debish
              Hi Giacomo - Nice to hear. Thanks for the post and the helpful tick. All the best -David