4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 10, 2012 11:50 PM by 943942 RSS

ODI Operator deletes executions

Hi All!

Im a new ODI user, I have a problem whit the Operator. I execute an automation from a web services and then I go to the operator to control the execution. While is running i can see the log, but when it ends the log disappears =S. This doesnt happen if I execute the package in the designer.
      I check all the user parameters and seams to be OK.

I need help please!!
        • 1. Re: ODI Operator deletes executions
          A J
          Is it possible that the automation (scenario) contains a step OdiPurgeLog at the end ?
          And the same step isnt in the package that you are executing.

Also, there are a couple of other places to look for the log in. They may be under the Hierarchical sessions as Child Sessions of other tasks.
          • 2. Re: ODI Operator deletes executions
            What did you set the log level to? If you set it to Zero, or null, you are likely to be telling it to purge on successful execution.
            • 3. Re: ODI Operator deletes executions
              Thanks for your responses! But I couldnt resolve this problem yet. There isnt an OdiPurgeLog at the end of the scenario, and I didnt set the log level (I dont remember, also in other automation I never set logs level and that worked perfectly...is very rare). But I noticed this:

The automation is executed in a web services, this web services calls Scenario A...Scenario A calls Scenario B...Scenario B calls Scenario C...Scenario C ends automation.
              While automation is running Operator shows me all the logs for the 3 scenarios...when automation ends, Operator only shows me logs for Scenario B and C, Scenario A disappears!!
              If i run Scenario B from the web services,Scenario B is executed, then ScenB calls Scenario C and Operator shows me logs for Scenario C...Scenario B disappears.
              If I run Scenario C from the web services, it is executed but when it ends Operator doesnt show me anything.

I need help! Thanks for your responses!
              • 4. Re: ODI Operator deletes executions
                With log level Zero, is it possible to stop the automatic purge of the operator logs on successful execution?