I'm running BPA 11gR1 and I have a Published Export setup on my publishing server. And I've been able to just go in and hit "Update" to incrementally refresh the export to a live version.
I performed this function not 2 weeks ago with no issues (or at least none that were reported). Nothing but model edits and creations have happened since, and I went to publish again this morning, had on of the modellers check, and they advised that the export was not up to date. I checked on his PC, and he was correct.
He was logging in using the anonymous method to thw web front end. I had him use his own ID, and the published items he saw then were correct.