5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 2, 2011 9:18 AM by Udo RSS

can't logon to listeneradmin url

jeffb1
      I am running APEX Listener with Glassfish. Have been running fine for about 2 months. Today I tried to logon to the listenadmin page and it won't accept my username and password. Is there a special one that must be used?
        • 1. Re: can't logon to listeneradmin url
          Udo
          Hello,

do you use the embedded GlassFish or a "fullblown" edition?
          If you have a regular GlassFish running and followed the installation manual, you've created two roles (Groups) named "Admin" and "Manager" (these are fix) as well as two users ("adminlistener" and "managerlistener"), which you assigned these roles to. The usernames may be different in your scenario. The can be reviewed or have their password reset using the GlassFish's administration.

If you have the embedded version running, you entered role- and usernames during the first startup. If you chose the default values, these users will have the same names and all you need is the password. I'm not sure there is a way to lookup/reset those values other than deleting the whole state and restart the configuration. You might save the apex-config.xml to restore it later.

-Udo
          • 2. Re: can't logon to listeneradmin url
            jeffb1
            This is the message I get after entering username and password.

HTTP Status 403 - Access to the requested resource has been denied

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

type Status report

messageAccess to the requested resource has been denied

descriptionAccess to the specified resource (Access to the requested resource has been denied) has been forbidden.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GlassFish Server Open Source Edition 3.0.1
            • 3. Re: can't logon to listeneradmin url
              Udo
              So you've tried to reset password and you still can't login?
              Did you configure any special location for the apex-config.xml? There were several users who reported that the default location java.io.tmpdir is being cleaned up automatically after some time. Perhaps that can result in an access problem as well. Have you tried to restart the Listener application and login afterwards? Can you call listenerConfigure ?

-Udo
              • 4. Re: can't logon to listeneradmin url
                jeffb1
                Have restarted the whole thing and still can't get in. Yes using special location for the config.
                • 5. Re: can't logon to listeneradmin url
                  Udo
                  And you sure do have assigned the appropriate role (Admin in case of listenerAdmin) to user you try to logon? 403 really sounds like you are trying to login with a user that doesn't have the appropriate role assigned. Please note that role names are evaluated case sensitive.

-Udo