5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2011 5:08 PM by Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant

Position Hierarchy

Dear Experts

Example is here if there are three people A,B and C are in same Position called "Manager", and D was "Assistent manager" and "E was Junior engineer" ,,,All A,B,C are having same approval limit.Position hierarchy is like Manager(20,000)----->Assistent manager(15000)----->and Junior manager(10000)

1)Once Assistent manager Approves The document who will get notification? all three wil get?
      2)Is it possible to send document to perticular person for approval,(i dont want to send to all ) I want to send to B only?if yes How? need navigation...
      3)and if D was in leave (and No other person in same position)i want to send doc for approval to manager How?
        • 1. Re: Position Hierarchy
          S.PDASH
          Hi,
          We believe through AME you can achieve what you are looking for the approval process.

Your question :
          if there are three people A,B and C are in same Position called "Manager", and D was "Assistent manager" and "E was Junior engineer" ,,,All A,B,C are having same approval limit.Position hierarchy is like Manager(20,000)----->Assistent manager(15000)----->and Junior manager(10000)

1)Once Assistent manager Approves The document who will get notification? all three wil get?
          Ans : Yes, this is a standard functionality.

2)Is it possible to send document to perticular person for approval,(i dont want to send to all ) I want to send to B only?if yes How? need navigation...
          Ans : If you are using Positional hierarchy then we don't think you can send a particular persion in the group for approval only, system will be still looking for the poistion for approval.. If a person approves from the group (Voting) then it will accept unanimously as this is approved by the group..

3)and if D was in leave (and No other person in same position)i want to send doc for approval to manager How?
          Ans : This you can be achieved through seting up the vacation/deligation rule. If Mr. D deligate his approval process to the manager then system will directly send notification to manager for approval..

Hope it helps.

Kind Regards,
          S.P DASH
          • 2. Re: Position Hierarchy
            Karthik Gopaluni
            I have a question about +1)Once Assistent manager Approves The document who will get notification? all three wil get?+

what was the document total in this example?

If the PO is approved by D then why will the approval notification sent to A,B,C? Shouldn't it be going to E? (under the understanding that the PO was created by E)
            • 3. Re: Position Hierarchy
              See in my above example E will create document and forward to next person for approval(Forward Method---Hierarchy),if D is not having sufficient approval authority he will forwards to next position....here 3 people in same position

Those people A,B and C who will get notification? All (A,B,C) having same document total and account range....

Ihope u undersatnds ....
              • 4. Re: Position Hierarchy
                Ans : Yes, this is a standard functionality.
                Query: is there any other functionality is there expect standard

Ans : If you are using Positional hierarchy then we don't think you can send a particular persion in the group for approval only, system will be still looking for the poistion for approval.. If a person approves from the group (Voting) then it will accept unanimously as this is approved by the group..

Query:If we use positional hierarchy ,in above example there are 3 people in same position( having same document total and account range) ,i heared that system will send notification to one person who comes first in alphabetical order...is it true?

Ans : This you can be achieved through seting up the vacation/deligation rule. If Mr. D deligate his approval process to the manager then system will directly send notification to manager for approval..
                this i will try ...

thanks
                • 5. Re: Position Hierarchy
                  Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant
                  2)Is it possible to send document to perticular person for approval,(i dont want to send to all ) I want to send to B only?if yes How? need navigation.
                  A) Depending on your hierarchy is setup, when submitting for approval, click on forward, select the hierarchy and select a name....Not 100% sure but worth a try.