6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2011 7:08 PM by S.PDASH

iProcurement group of items purchase

user7250258
      Hi,

We have a situation where we want business users to buy items in groups. For example, If they are purchasing laptop, we want them to buy docking station, extra RAM and MS office at the same time. We have setup individual items in the store, but unless some one knows, users always order the items individually [We don't want them to do so]. We tried different ways like adding text in the description for Laptop to tell to order other items, but did not have a good percentage success.

What i am looking for help if some one already implemented this solution or if there is a standard functionality in iProcurement to do so? Any help/clue or hint would be appreciated.

We are on 11.5.10.

Thanks in advance
        • 1. Re: iProcurement group of items purchase
          Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant
          I have not tried this but what if you make the laptop a non-searchable item.
          Instead, you create shopping lists (i.e. bundles) and publish that to all users.
          In the shopping list, you add laptop, docking station, memory etc.

The other option is to create a new item called LAPTOP BUNDLE with the appropriate price. And then work with your supplier so that the supplier will send all accessories when an order for LAPTOP BUNDLE is placed.

Hope this helps,
          Sandeep Gandhi
          • 2. Re: iProcurement group of items purchase
            user7250258
            Thanks Sandeep for your suggestions,

We have few options which we can implement or have implemented, but they are not fool proof or i would say not a standard method where you have to do manual intervention. What i was looking a way (if there is any) in the iProcurement which gives a flexibility to choose one item (as a bundle) and then don't let the person checkout unless they enter all the other related items. Just like on other websites, if you add the item and if the vendor is giving a item free with the actual purchase, the other item gets added automatically.

Or some way if BOM can be used to create a group and then in the cart it explodes and show all related items.

MS
            • 3. Re: iProcurement group of items purchase
              S.PDASH
              Hi,
              You mentioned : We have a situation where we want business users to buy items in groups. For example, If they are purchasing laptop, we want them to buy docking station, extra RAM and MS office at the same time.

A typical example, a joining Kit for a new Employee consisting of Laptop, S/W, Pen, Notepad, Pencil, Pendrive etc.... We believe you can achieve this by definining commodities under which you have a group of Item categories (belongs to Laptop, S/W, Pen, Notepad, Pencil, Pendrive etc.... ) are linked to it... You can define a LAPTOP commodities in invenotry and linked to it through iProcurement Smartform.

Either you can order a kit through a smartform/Non-catalog request or through stores catalog item search.

Hope it helps... :)

Kind Regards,
              S.P DASH
              • 4. Re: iProcurement group of items purchase
                Hi
                I am not sure in IProcurement. But in Oracle Sourcing, buyer has an option to consolidate lines as lots or groups while auctioning or RFx.

Lots - Allows suppliers to bid only at lot level
                groups - Allows suppliers to bid at line level as well as group level.

Once the negotiation is awarded to specific supplier, the contract can be converted into Standard/Blanket PO.

In case of Blanket PO, not sure if there is a functionlaity in Iprocurement to restrict releases/requisitions being created only for all lines instead of each individual line.

Just a different view of the question.

Thanks
                • 5. Re: iProcurement group of items purchase
                  user7250258
                  Thanks SP,
                  Just wondering if you can point me to the right document which explain this in more details or a while paper etc. I will search around and see if i can find out on how this get implemented.
                  But i guess i have some thing to look into so, thanks for your pointer.

MS
                  • 6. Re: iProcurement group of items purchase
                    S.PDASH
                    Hi MS,
                    Honestly I don't have any detail document like screenshots or white paper on this...

As a workaround can we advise you below steps..

opt - 1) Is it possible at your end to create a BPA whose lines consisting of all KIT items like LAPTOP, Pendrive, Mouse etc. so that user will understand what is available and what to buy.. and attach to Main store... You can create requisition based on this BPA..and follow necessary checkout Process...

opt - 2) Can we create a KIT Store and follow the same approach as opt-1.

opt - 3) Can we use a non-catalog request for your requirement..? Create a smartform based on a commodities and use it for procuring KIT ...

Give it a try.. Good luck mate... :)

Kind Regards,
                    S.P DASH
                    1 person found this helpful