This content has been marked as final. Show 6 replies
If you want a fix then why not try out the new JDeveloper 18.104.22.168
One thing to check - see if your classpath contains QuickTime zip file - if it is remove it from the class path and try again.
Wish I could go to the new version, but we cannot because of some limitations in our infrastructure which need upgrades before the new version can be used.
I deleted my classpath entirely. Should I get rid of my JAVA_HOME too?
I moved all my java versions to be in a directory without a ) in it.
I downloaded java 1.6.23 and installed.
Still no luck.
This is a bizarre error. I must have a paren someplace, but heck if I can find it. Got any other ideas on where to look?
Just realized that JDev is installed under C:\Program Files (x86)\JDev11.1.3
Could that be the problem?
yes that could be it.1 person found this helpful
Various parts of the Oracle Middleware platform choke when the PATH or install directories contain a ")" character (it messes up parenthesis matching in scripts). Unfortunately, on 64-bit Windows, Microsoft has decided to have a "Program Files (x86)" directory - yech, both spaces and parenthesis in a directory name!1 person found this helpful
I've worked around this on my installation by using the little-known MKLINK command to create a junction point for the offending directory like this:
And then replacing all occurrences in the PATH of "c:\program files (x86)" with "c:\pf86" - gets rid of the offending parenthesis and makes my path shorter as well.
mklink /J c:\pf86 "c:\program files (x86)"
I deinstalled and reinstalled into C:\Oracle\JDev11.1.3 with no luck.
John, I removed all references to (x86) from my path and i removed my classpath env var. Still no luck.
Then, I realized that the "deinstall" leaves everything in your User/user/appdata/roaming/..... directories and there were still references to the x86 dirs there. Ugh. Something for Oracle to fix if you ask me.
So, I deinstalled, and then deleted all the appdata dirs; then reinstalled.
Anyway, I can get WL to start now so that's a step forward. Now I have to figure out why it's telling my that my ADF jars aren't on the project classpath.
Thanks for your help.