This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Feb 8, 2011 10:53 AM by Joe the Jet RSS

Cannot get Weblogic to start (\JDev11.1.3\jdk160_18 was unexpected at this)

Joe the Jet Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Ok, I'm stumped. I've gotten JDev (Build JDEVADF_11.1.1.3.PS2_GENERIC_100408.2356.5660) installed and I imported one of my projects from JDev 10.

the problem is when I try to start WebLogic, I get the following error:

*** Using port 7101 ***
C:\Users\silva29\AppData\Roaming\JDeveloper\system11.1.1.3.37.56.60\DefaultDomain\bin\startWebLogic.cmd
[waiting for the server to complete its initialization...]
\JDev11.1.3\jdk160_18 was unexpected at this time.
Process exited.

So, I found this in "Known Issues"
Cannot run WLS on Windows 7 64-bit (9466912)

The Windows .bat scripts for managing WLS do not work if environment variables such as JAVA_HOME or CLASSPATH contain a ')'. The former happens when e.g. the 32bit JDK is installed in its default path, e.g. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_18". The latter if an application such as Apple QuickTime adds itself to the CLASSPATH environment variable.

When trying to run the integrated WLS you will get an error while starting that instance, stating that
"\Java\jdk1.6.0_18 was unexpected at this time."
The integrated WLS will not start as a result of that.

This also happens if the scripts are being run manually on command prompt.

Workaround is to install the JDK and programs such as Apple QuickTime in a path without ')'.

First off it's unbelievable that the ')' causes this to happen. Hard to believe that that isn't a trivial fix to make and provide a patch for.

SECOND, I changed my path and classpath, but I continue getting the error. So, now I'm stuck again.

Anyone else run into this problem? I'm running on Windows 7 64 bit op sys.

Right now I'm dead in the water. Anyone got a fix for me?

Thanks.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points