This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 13, 2011 5:21 PM by 618724 RSS

How to enable RSS feeds in UCM

830117 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi ,

Help required in enabling RSS feeds in UCM .

I have no idea about RSS enabling.
It will be really helpful for me ,if someone can guide me by step wise process for enabling RSS feeds in UCM.
Also wanted to know whether it involves any cost like ..is any licensing required or whether we need to subscribe somewhere.
Please help.
Thanks in advance.
Anuzz
  • 1. Re: How to enable RSS feeds in UCM
    Yannick Ongena Employee ACE
    What do you mean by RSS in UCM... This could be understood in so many ways...
    Do you want to have an rss feed that shows the new documents? Do you want RSS in site studio, do you want to automaticly check in from an rss feed,...
  • 2. Re: How to enable RSS feeds in UCM
    830117 Newbie
    Hii,
    I want to have an rss feed that shows the new documents as well as automaticaly check in from an rss feed.
  • 3. Re: How to enable RSS feeds in UCM
    stellentpmp Pro
    Take a look at the RSS component (10gR3 or 7.5). You'll be able to show new documents, but not sure I understand what you mean by checking-in via RSS.
  • 4. Re: How to enable RSS feeds in UCM
    830117 Newbie
    Hii,
    We had installed both 10g R3 and 11g as diffrent instance but we will be using 11g as our fiinal product.

As suggested by you I have downloaded the component for RS feed and installed the same on 10gR3 .

Under My Content Server I m getting the link My RSS Feeds and on the right hand side Im getting all the options as shown in the guide.

But when I tryied fetching any feeds ,the result was null(a blank screen appeared).

Can you pleae help me ,what all other setting I need to do to make available this options work.

can we installed the same component in 11g ??

Thanx 4 all your support.

Anuzz
  • 5. Re: How to enable RSS feeds in UCM
    830117 Newbie
    Hi ,
    Its working fine for 10gR3.

I just wanted to know ,whether one can see or check these RSS updated view outlook express.

How can we achive this .

Also the same component is not working with UCM 11g ,any suggestion or help on this ??

Thanx a lot .

Anuzz
  • 6. Re: How to enable RSS feeds in UCM
    618724 Newbie
    Hi Everyone,

I have found that the Sample RSS Feed Component (as suggested in this thread) no longer work in 11g for RSS Feed ingestion (from a remote server) but are fine for producing RSS Feeds (simple iDoc templating anyhow).

The logs from the GET_REMOTE_FEED service indicate the following error.

I have tried this on our DEV server and my local laptop instance and don't believe this is network connectivity issues.

Alas, I am not a Java programmer to look further into the issue - does anyone have an updated GET_REMOTE_FEED service or can advise on the issue (likely an update to 11g required such as the idcToken? change).

Thanks

Unable to execute service GET_REMOTE_FEED and function getRssFeedForUrl.
    Tried all: '6' addresses, but could not connect over HTTP to server: 'rss.news.yahoo.com', port: '80' java.net.ConnectException: Tried all: '6' addresses, but could not connect over HTTP to server: 'rss.news.yahoo.com', port: '80'. [ Details ]

An error has occurred. The stack trace below shows more information.

!csUserEventMessage,user,server-address!csFileServiceReferredToBy,https://server-address!csFileServiceUserAgent,Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.22) Gecko/20110902 Firefox/3.6.22 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729),GET!csServiceDataException,GET_REMOTE_FEED,getRssFeedForUrl!$!$Tried all: '6' addresses\, but could not connect over HTTP to server: 'rss.news.yahoo.com'\, port: '80'!syJavaExceptionWrapper,java.net.ConnectException: Tried all: '6' addresses\, but could not connect over HTTP to server: 'rss.news.yahoo.com'\, port: '80'
    intradoc.common.ServiceException: !csServiceDataException,GET_REMOTE_FEED,getRssFeedForUrl!$
    *ScriptStack GET_REMOTE_FEED
    GET_REMOTE_FEED,dID=3190,dDocName=FRAG_LIBRARY_RSS_FEEDS,fileUrl=/cs/groups/devwcs/documents/system/mdaw/mday/~edisp/pgtmp_home_asl.hcsp3:getRssFeedForUrl,dID=3190,dDocName=FRAG_LIBRARY_RSS_FEEDS,fileUrl=/cs/groups/devwcs/documents/system/mdaw/mday/~edisp/pgtmp_home_asl.hcsp
    at intradoc.server.ServiceRequestImplementor.buildServiceException(ServiceRequestImplementor.java:2115)

**** UPDATE: IT WAS INDEED NETWORK INFRASTRUCTURE WHICH CAUSED THE ABOVE EXCEPTION AND THE SERVICE WORKS ON 11G ****

Edited by: user615721 on Sep 14, 2011 10:20 AM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points