5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2011 7:49 PM by essapp

Question about Drill Through

essapp
      I have a question about drill through to EBS, excuse me if my question is not clear since this is the first time I am using it and am not familiar with EBS.

Say we load data into Planning using ERPI. Now when a user drills through from a cell in a data form:

1) Is he taken to the actual journal entries which make up the number in the data form? I ask this because in the documentation, gl_je_lines is not listed as a table used by ERPI. So if gl_je_lines is not being accessed, which table is?

2) Drillable Region: I understand drillable region to be a colleciton of intersections which I have to setup - and drill through will be on these intersections only. Is that correct? If so, where can I get more info on how to actually set these up? If it is in the documentation, it seemed to elude me.

Thanks a lot for your help guys.
        • 1. Re: Question about Drill Through
          TonyScalese
          Drill through from Planning to ERPi or FDM does not take you to the journal entry detail. It takes you to the GL balances. Once ERPi passes you back to eBS then the natural drill functionality (to JVs) takes over.

Drillable regions will be loaded by ERPi or FDM (depending on which you are using).
          1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Question about Drill Through
            TonyScalese
            Hopefully you found this information helpful.
            • 3. Re: Question about Drill Through
              essapp
              Helpful yes, but I still have these questions, which I was unable to find in the documentation. Version is 11.1.2:

"Once ERPi passes you back to eBS then the natural drill functionality (to JVs) takes over."

If according to the ERPI DBAG the table gl_je_lines is not used, where/how are we seeing these journal entries?

Drillable regions will be loaded by ERPi or FDM (depending on which you are using).

Where do I setup these drillable regions? I did not see it in the DBAG, maybe I am missing something.

Thanks a lot for your help on this....
              • 4. Re: Question about Drill Through
                TonyScalese
                ERPi does not use the table you specified - it logs you into the eBS application. You literally leave the EPM suite and go into eBS. From there, the drilling down to journal entries is handled by eBS - not ERPi. Make sense?

You do not have to set up the drillable regions, FDM does this automatically. You just have to enable the load via the integration settings of the adaptor.
                • 5. Re: Question about Drill Through
                  essapp
                  Thanks a LOT for your help on this, it makes a lot more sense now.

If FDM creates the drillable regions automatically, then I'm assuming ERPI does too, since I'm not using FDM.

Much appreciated.