1 2 Previous Next 28 Replies Latest reply on Mar 29, 2011 8:07 AM by user5422360

Enterprise Manager is disabled while creating a database.

Neo-b
      Hello All,

I am using Oracle 11g R2 on HP-UX Itanium.

When i am trying to create a database through dbca and in step 4 of 12 the Enterprise Manager tab is disabled with the below message:

"Management through Enterprise Manager is not available becasue there are no central agents on this machine and the selected template does not include an Enterprise Manager Repository."

knowing that i am creating a Custom Database.

What is the reason of the above message and what should i do some i will be able to use my OEM.

Regards,
        • 1. Re: Enterprise Manager is disabled while creating a database.
          Rob Zoeteweij
          In your post you did not make clear that you allready have a OEM GC instance up and running.

The message you get from DBCA is clear, there is no OMA (Oracle Management Agent) up and running on the server you are creating this database.

However, don't worry you still will be able to register newly created databases in OEM GC, on a later moment.

Regards
          Rob
          http://oemgc.wordpress.com
          • 2. Re: Enterprise Manager is disabled while creating a database.
            Neo-b
            Thanks for the clarification but i have the below questions

Rob Zoeteweij wrote:
            In your post you did not make clear that you allready have a OEM GC instance up and running.
            yes i already have a oracle 10g under different user and its OEM is up and running.
            The message you get from DBCA is clear, there is no OMA (Oracle Management Agent) up and running on the server you are creating this database.
            How can i solve that ? how can i check that OMA (Oracle Management Agent) is up and running on the server? before creating the db?
            However, don't worry you still will be able to register newly created databases in OEM GC, on a later moment.
            Using the emca commands ? how can i do that ?

Regards,
            • 3. Re: Enterprise Manager is disabled while creating a database.
              Rob Zoeteweij
              In the <AGENT_HOME> (agent11g) / bin

emctl status agent

to start

emctl start agent

Regards
              Rob
              http://oemgc.wordpress.com
              • 4. Re: Enterprise Manager is disabled while creating a database.
                Neo-b
                below is the result, knowing that i created my db but EOM is not working

$ emctl status agent
                EM Configuration issue. /data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/HPUX_cortex11g not found.
                $

So my questions? for next time, what should i do so EOM will not be disabled during the creation of the db (step4 of 12)?
                and now how can i use the EOM?
                • 5. Re: Enterprise Manager is disabled while creating a database.
                  Rob Zoeteweij
                  I think we are runningi n circles here ;-)

You first have to determine what environment you are in.

Do you have a central OEM GC configuration consting of an OMS (oracle management service) an OMR (oracle management repository) that you use to centrally monitor all of you systems (hosts, databases etc.etc)?

If this is the case than you should have an OMA (oracle management agent) running on the server you are creating the new databases, assuming you want to monitor this new database with the OMS.

If there is no agent isntalled yet, than that would be the next thing to do.

If you don't have this central OEM GC configuration, than just create your new database uncheck the checkbox saying something like: Register with EM, and you are fine.

Regads
                  Rob
                  • 6. Re: Enterprise Manager is disabled while creating a database.
                    Neo-b
                    Hello Rob.

i need to get back to this thread, i am trying to fix my EOM
                    Rob Zoeteweij wrote:
                    I think we are runningi n circles here ;-)
                    You are right since i am new to this field, i do not have a lot of info about it so i need the small details
                    You first have to determine what environment you are in.

Do you have a central OEM GC configuration consting of an OMS (oracle management service) an OMR (oracle management repository) that you use to centrally monitor all of you systems (hosts, databases etc.etc)?
                    No. i have an oracle 10g database on the sevrver which already have it is OEM up and running (web interface)

If this is the case than you should have an OMA (oracle management agent) running on the server you are creating the new databases, assuming you want to monitor this new database with the OMS.

If there is no agent isntalled yet, than that would be the next thing to do.
                    How can i do that ?

Now i run the below :

emca -deconfig dbcontrol db
                    emca -repos recreate
                    emca -config dbcontrol db
                    in the third command it asks for the SYSMAN password i am entering the same password i entered while issuing "emca -repos recreate " but it results in invalid username/ password.
                    Knowing that on my database i do not have a SYSMAN schema.

Regards
                    • 7. Re: Enterprise Manager is disabled while creating a database.
                      Rob Zoeteweij
                      OK, so you are not running a centralized OMS but just a local EM DBConsole installaiton

To check if you are using the correct SYSMAN password, you might try to connect to the database using sqlplus

sqlplus sysman/<your password>

or simply set your password by connecting to your databasse as sysdba

sqlplus / as sysdba

alter user sysman identified by <new-password>;

exit

Regards
                      • 8. Re: Enterprise Manager is disabled while creating a database.
                        Neo-b
                        As i mentioned before.
                        My database do not contain the SYSMAN schema, otherwise it was easy to solve the issue.
                        • 9. Re: Enterprise Manager is disabled while creating a database.
                          Rob Zoeteweij
                          Which means your: emca -repos recreate
                          went wrong
                          Check the log files after each of these steps to make sure what is the status
                          • 10. Re: Enterprise Manager is disabled while creating a database.
                            Rob Zoeteweij
                            You might want to check:

http://www.oracle-wiki.net/startdocshowtoinstalldeinstalldbconsole

Regards
                            Rob
                            • 11. Re: Enterprise Manager is disabled while creating a database.
                              Neo-b
                              I find nothing in the log file. below is the file emca_2011_02_22_10_47_30.log :

Feb 22, 2011 10:47:30 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.util.OUIInventoryUtil setOUILoc
                              CONFIG: Setting oracle.installer.oui_loc to /data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/oui
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:47:31 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.util.ClusterUtil isHASInstalled
                              CONFIG: isHAInstalled: false
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:47:31 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.ParamsManager setFlag
                              CONFIG: Flag '-migrate' set to false
                              CONFIG: Flag 'migrateFromDBControl' set to false
                              CONFIG: Flag 'migrateToCentralAgent' set to false
                              CONFIG: Flag 'migrateFromCentralAgent' set to false
                              CONFIG: Flag 'migrateToDBControl' set to false
                              CONFIG: Flag '-repos' set to true
                              CONFIG: Flag 'db' set to true
                              CONFIG: Flag 'create' set to true
                              CONFIG: Flag 'drop' set to true
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:47:31 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.ParamsManager setParam
                              CONFIG: Setting param: ORACLE_HOME value: /data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:47:31 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.util.ClusterUtil isCRSInstalled
                              CONFIG: isCRSInstalled: false
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:47:31 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.util.ClusterUtil isHASInstalled
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:47:31 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.ParamsManager getParam
                              CONFIG: No value was set for the parameter DB_UNIQUE_NAME.
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:47:31 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.ParamsManager getParam
                              CONFIG: No value was set for the parameter SID.
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:47:33 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.ParamsManager setParam
                              CONFIG: Setting param: SID value: db11
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:47:36 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.ParamsManager setParam
                              CONFIG: Setting param: PORT value: 1521
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:47:45 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.ParamsManager getParam
                              CONFIG: No value was set for the parameter SYS_PWD.
                              CONFIG: No value was set for the parameter SERVICE_NAME.
                              CONFIG: No value was set for the parameter ASM_OH.
                              CONFIG: No value was set for the parameter REP_DB_RUNNING_HOST.
                              CONFIG: No value was set for the parameter ORACLE_HOSTNAME.
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:47:45 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.ParamsManager getHost
                              CONFIG: Host having instnces running for database null : test-sr
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:47:45 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.ParamsManager setParam
                              CONFIG: Setting param: REP_DB_RUNNING_HOST value: test-sr
                              CONFIG: No value was set for the parameter SYSMAN_PWD.
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:47:45 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.ParamsManager getRepDbPort
                              CONFIG: Listener Port: 1521
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:47:45 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.util.GeneralUtil isLocalConnectionRequired
                              CONFIG: isLocalConnectionRequired: true
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:47:45 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.util.GeneralUtil initSQLEngine
                              CONFIG: isLocalConnectionRequired: true. Connecting to database instance locally.
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:47:45 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.util.GeneralUtil initSQLEngineLoacly
                              CONFIG: SQLEngine connecting with SID: db11, oracleHome: /data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1, and user: SYS
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:47:48 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.util.GeneralUtil initSQLEngineLoacly
                              CONFIG: SQLEngine created successfully and connected
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:03 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.ParamsManager setParam
                              CONFIG: Setting param: CONFIRMATION ANSWER value:
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:04 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.ParamsManager setParam
                              CONFIG: Setting param: CONFIRMATION ANSWER value: yes
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:04 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.EMConfig restoreOuiLoc
                              CONFIG: Restoring oracle.installer.oui_loc to /data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/oui
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:04 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.ParamsManager getParam
                              CONFIG: No value was set for the parameter LOG_FILE.
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:04 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.EMConfig addEMCALogFile
                              CONFIG: ORACLE_BASE :/data/ora11g/oracle
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:04 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.ParamsManager setFlag
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:04 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.ParamsManager getHost
                              CONFIG: Host having instnces running for database null : test-sr
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:04 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.ParamsManager getRepDbPort
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:04 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.util.GeneralUtil isLocalConnectionRequired
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:04 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.util.GeneralUtil initSQLEngine
                              CONFIG: isLocalConnectionRequired: true. Connecting to database instance locally.
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:04 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.util.GeneralUtil initSQLEngineLoacly
                              CONFIG: SQLEngine connecting with SID: db11, oracleHome: /data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1, and user: SYS
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:04 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.util.GeneralUtil initSQLEngineLoacly
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:04 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.DatabaseChecks getDbUniqueName
                              CONFIG: No Database unique name available. Will try to retrieve it from DB itself
                              CONFIG: Setting param: DB_UNIQUE_NAME value: db11
                              CONFIG: Restoring oracle.installer.oui_loc to /data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/oui
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:04 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.EMConfig perform
                              INFO: This operation is being logged at /data/ora11g/oracle/cfgtoollogs/emca/db11/emca_2011_02_22_10_47_30.log.
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:04 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.util.ClusterUtil isCRSInstalled
                              CONFIG: isCRSInstalled: false
                              CONFIG: Setting param: EM_HOME value: /data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:04 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.ParamsManager setFlag
                              CONFIG: No value was set for the parameter MODIFY_SID.
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:04 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.DatabaseChecks getDbServiceName
                              CONFIG: No service name available. Will try to set db_unique_name.db_domain
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:04 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.ParamsManager getHost
                              CONFIG: Host having instnces running for database db11 : test-sr
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:04 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.ParamsManager getRepDbPort
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:04 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.util.GeneralUtil isLocalConnectionRequired
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:04 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.util.GeneralUtil initSQLEngine
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:05 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.util.GeneralUtil initSQLEngineLoacly
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:05 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.ParamsManager setParam
                              CONFIG: Setting param: DB_UNIQUE_NAME value:
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:05 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.ParamsManager getParam
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:05 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.DatabaseChecks getDbUniqueName
                              CONFIG: No Database unique name available. Will try to retrieve it from DB itself
                              CONFIG: No value was set for the parameter DB_DOMAIN.
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:05 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.DatabaseChecks getDbDomain
                              CONFIG: No db domain available. Will query db for db_domain parameter
                              CONFIG: Setting param: SERVICE_NAME value: db11
                              CONFIG: No value was set for the parameter ASM_OH.
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:05 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.ParamsManager getHost
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:05 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.ParamsManager getRepDbPort
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:05 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.util.GeneralUtil isLocalConnectionRequired
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:05 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.util.GeneralUtil initSQLEngine
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:05 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.util.GeneralUtil initSQLEngineLoacly
                              CONFIG: No value was set for the parameter GLOBAL_DB_UNIQUE_NAME.
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:05 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.DatabaseChecks getGlobalDbUniqueName
                              CONFIG: No Global database unique name available. Will try to retrieve it from DB itself
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:05 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.util.GeneralUtil isLocalConnectionRequired
                              CONFIG: No value was set for the parameter DB_DOMAIN.
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:05 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.DatabaseChecks getDbDomain
                              CONFIG: No db domain available. Will query db for db_domain parameter
                              CONFIG: Setting param: GLOBAL_DB_UNIQUE_NAME value: db11
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:05 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.util.ClusterUtil isHASInstalled
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:05 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.ParamsManager checkListenerStatusForDBControl
                              CONFIG: connectDesc : (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=test-sr)(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=db11)))
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:05 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.ParamsManager checkListenerStatusForDBControl
                              CONFIG: Passed listener validation check.Listener is up and running.
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:05 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.EMReposConfig invoke
                              INFO: Dropping the EM repository (this may take a while) ...
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:05 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.util.PlatformInterface isInView
                              CONFIG: IN_VIEW marker not instantiated in /data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/sysman/config/emca.properties
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:06 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.util.PlatformInterface getSortedEnvArray
                              CONFIG: New Env List: [CLASSPATH=/data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/jlib/emca.jar:/data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/jlib/srvm.jar:/data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/jlib/srvmasm.jar:/data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/jlib/cvu.jar:/data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/jlib/emConfigInstall.jar:/data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/jlib/ldapjclnt11.jar:/data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/jlib/ldap.jar:/data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/jlib/share.jar:/data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/jlib/srvmhas.jar:/data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/jlib/netcfg.jar:/data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/jlib/http_client.jar:/data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/lib/http_client.jar:/data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/lib/xmlparserv2.jar:/data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/assistants/jlib/assistantsCommon.jar:/data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/sysman/jlib/emCORE.jar:/data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/sysman/jlib/emagentSDK.jar:/data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/oui/jlib/OraInstaller.jar:/data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/oui/jlib/OraPrereq.jar:/data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/inventory/prereqs/oui/OraPrereqChecks.jar:/data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/oui/jlib/OraPrereqChecks.jar:, COLUMNS=80, DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/lib:, EDITOR=vi, ERASE=^H, HOME=/data/ora11g, LANG=C, LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/jdk/jre/lib/IA64W:/data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/jdk/jre/lib/IA64W/server:/data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/jdk/jre/../lib/IA64W:/data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/lib:/data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/perl/lib:/data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/network/lib:/data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/lib32:/data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/network/lib32:/data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/lib32:/data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/lib:/usr/lib:/lib, LIBPATH=/data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/lib:, LINES=24, LOGNAME=ora11g, MANPATH=/usr/share/man/%L:/usr/share/man:/usr/contrib/man/%L:/usr/contrib/man:/usr/local/man/%L:/usr/local/man:/opt/ldapux/share/man/%L:/opt/ldapux/share/man:/opt/ipf/man:/opt/ldapux/ypldapd/man:/opt/mpi/share/man:/opt/samba/man:/opt/samba/WTEC_Support_Tools/man:/opt/samba/cfsm_man:/opt/cifsclient/share/man:/opt/openssl/man:/opt/openssl/prngd/man:/opt/wbem/share/man:/opt/graphics/common/man:/opt/sec_mgmt/share/man:/opt/dsau/man:/opt/resmon/share/man/%L:/opt/resmon/share/man:/opt/gnome/man:/usr/contrib/kwdb/share/man:/opt/mlib/share/man:/opt/perl_32/man:/opt/perl_64/man:/opt/sfmdb/pgsql/man:/opt/sfm/share/man:/opt/swm/share/man/%L:/opt/swm/share/man:/opt/sec_mgmt/share/man/%L:/opt/ssh/share/man:/opt/swa/share/man/%L:/opt/swa/share/man:/opt/VRTS/man:/opt/gwlm/man/%L:/opt/gwlm/man:/opt/ignite/share/man/%L:/opt/ignite/share/man:/opt/caliper/man/%L:/opt/caliper/man, NLSPATH=/usr/dt/lib/nls/msg/%L/%N.cat, ORACLE_BASE=/data/ora11g/oracle, ORACLE_HOME=/data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1, ORACLE_SID=db11, ORACLE_TERM=vt100, PATH=/usr/vacpp/bin:/usr/vac/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/ccs/bin:/usr/contrib/bin:/usr/contrib/Q4/bin:/opt/perl/bin:/opt/ipf/bin:/opt/mpi/bin:/opt/nettladm/bin:/opt/fcms/bin:/opt/wbem/bin:/opt/wbem/sbin:/opt/sas/bin:/opt/graphics/common/bin:/opt/atok/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/contrib/bin/X11:/opt/sec_mgmt/bastille/bin:/opt/dsau/bin:/opt/dsau/sbin:/opt/resmon/bin:/opt/gnome/bin:/usr/contrib/kwdb/bin:/opt/mozilla:/opt/perl_32/bin:/opt/perl_64/bin:/opt/sfm/bin:/opt/swm/bin:/opt/sec_mgmt/spc/bin:/opt/ssh/bin:/opt/swa/bin:/opt/hpsmh/bin:/opt/gwlm/bin:/opt/caliper/bin:.:/data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/bin, PTHREAD_COMPAT_MODE=0, PWD=/data/ora11g, SHELL=/sbin/sh, SHLIB_PATH=/data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/lib:, TERM=xterm, TZ=WAT-3, XFILESEARCHPATH=/usr/dt/app-defaults/%L/Dt, _=/data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/jdk/jre/bin/java, __ARIES_PA_AOUT_MAXSSIZ=8388608, __ARIES_PA_STACK_SIZE_cur=8388608, __ARIES_PA_STACK_SIZE_max=8388608]
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:06 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.util.PlatformInterface executeCommand
                              CONFIG: Starting execution: /data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/sysman/admin/emdrep/bin/RepManager -connect (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=test-sr)(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=db11))) -repos_user SYSMAN -action drop -verbose -output_file /data/ora11g/oracle/cfgtoollogs/emca/db11/emca_repos_drop_2011_02_22_10_48_05.log
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:07 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.util.PlatformInterface executeCommand
                              CONFIG: Exit value of 0
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:07 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.util.PlatformInterface executeCommand
                              CONFIG: Execution of /data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/sysman/admin/emdrep/bin/RepManager -connect (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=test-sr)(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=db11))) -repos_user SYSMAN -action drop -verbose -output_file /data/ora11g/oracle/cfgtoollogs/emca/db11/emca_repos_drop_2011_02_22_10_48_05.log completed successfully
                              CONFIG: Enter SYS user's password :
                              Getting temporary tablespace from database...
                              Found temporary tablespace: TEMP
                              Environment :
                              ORACLE HOME = /data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1
                              REPOSITORY HOME = /data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1
                              SQLPLUS = /data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/bin/sqlplus
                              SQL SCRIPT ROOT = /data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/sysman/admin/emdrep/sql
                              EXPORT = /data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/bin/exp
                              IMPORT = /data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/bin/imp
                              LOADJAVA = /data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/bin/loadjava
                              JAR FILE ROOT = /data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/sysman/admin/emdrep/lib
                              JOB TYPES ROOT = /data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/sysman/admin/emdrep/bin
                              Arguments :
                              Connect String = (DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=test-sr)(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=db11)))
                              Action = drop
                              Repos User = SYSMAN
                              Default tablespace = MGMT_TABLESPACE
                              Default Data file = mgmt.dbf
                              Dflt Dfile Init size = 20m
                              Dflt Dfile Ext size = 20m
                              ECM tablespace = MGMT_ECM_DEPOT_TS
                              ECM Data file = mgmt_ecm_depot1.dbf
                              ECM Dfile Init size = 100m
                              ECM Dfile Ext size = 100m
                              ECM CSA tablespace = MGMT_TABLESPACE
                              ECM CSA Data file = mgmt_ecm_csa1.dbf
                              ECM CSA Dfile Init size = 100m
                              ECM CSA Dfile Ext size = 100m
                              TEMP tablespace = TEMP
                              Create options = 3
                              Verbose output = 1
                              Output File = /data/ora11g/oracle/cfgtoollogs/emca/db11/emca_repos_drop_2011_02_22_10_48_05.log
                              Repos creation mode = CENTRAL
                              MetaLink user name = NOTAVAILABLE_
                              MetaLink URL = http://updates.oracle.com
                              Export Directory = /data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/sysman/log
                              Import Directory = /data/ora11g/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/sysman/log
                              Path Separator = :
                              Checking SYS Credentials ... rem error switch
                              Return code = 0.OK.
                              rem error switch
                              Dropping the repository..
                              Checking for Repos User ... Return code = 32.Does not Exist.
                              Repos User does not exist ... Continuing with cleanup ...
                              Dropping Roles/Synonymns/Tablespaces ... Return code = 0.Done.
                              Dropped Repository Successfully.

CONFIG: stty: : Not a typewriter
                              stty: : Not a typewriter

Feb 22, 2011 10:48:07 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.EMReposConfig invoke
                              INFO: Repository successfully dropped
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:07 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.ParamsManager getHost
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:07 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.ParamsManager setParam
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:07 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.ParamsManager getRepDbPort
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:07 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.util.GeneralUtil isLocalConnectionRequired
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:07 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.util.GeneralUtil initSQLEngine
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:07 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.util.GeneralUtil initSQLEngineLoacly
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:08 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.util.GeneralUtil initSQLEngineLoacly
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:08 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.EMReposConfig createRepository
                              CONFIG: Spooling to /data/ora11g/oracle/cfgtoollogs/emca/db11/emca_repos_create_2011_02_22_10_48_08.log
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:08 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.EMReposConfig createRepository
                              INFO: Creating the EM repository (this may take a while) ...
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:08 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.EMReposConfig invoke
                              INFO: Repository successfully created
                              Feb 22, 2011 10:48:08 AM oracle.sysman.emcp.EMConfig restoreOuiLoc
                              • 12. Re: Enterprise Manager is disabled while creating a database.
                                Rob Zoeteweij
                                OK you log file says that the repository is successfully created

This means that you should be able to find the schema in the database

sqlplus / as sysdba

select * from dba_users where username = 'SYSMAN';
                                • 13. Re: Enterprise Manager is disabled while creating a database.
                                  mnazim-Oracle
                                  This is because you don't have gc /gc agent installed. During database install this option will enable only if you have installed gc agent on the same machine in which you are trying to install database.

It seems you want to monitor db with dbconsole and not with gc console. It get created by default with database install and you will see the dbconsole url at the install summary screen.
                                  You can also create dbconsole by dbca just choose create new database it will create the dbconsole along with dbconsole.
                                  • 14. Re: Enterprise Manager is disabled while creating a database.
                                    Rob Zoeteweij
                                    I am not sure if you interference is helping here
                                    1 2 Previous Next