1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 14, 2011 12:30 PM by PHCharbonneau RSS

AIX 64 bit JDK Performance with WebLogic

One of my partner has very straight forward application on AIX 64 bit JDK. Which has jsp/servlets invoking EJBs, which makes a call to backend database of application. The application runs 8 times slower then the simillar setup on Windows machine. Backend application and Database is same for both Windows and AIX 64 bit jdk environment. Any parameter I should set on AIX jdk which impact the issue on AIX 64bit jdk
        • 1. Re: AIX 64 bit JDK Performance with WebLogic
          PHCharbonneau
          Hi user733082.

As a starting point for this type of analysis, I recommend you first provide an environment specification comparison view between the AIX 64-bit environments vs. Windows.

Please include the following detail for each separate runtime environment:

-     Server specifications, including # of physical processors/cores, CPU clock speed etc.
          -     OS version; (including 32-bit vs. 64-bit)
          -     JDK vendor and version (including 32-bit vs. 64-bit)
          -     Weblogic version

One quick question, when switching to AIX 64-bit, did you also migrate from a 32-bit VM (on Windows) to 64-bit VM or was your Java VM also 64-bit on Windows os? If this this is the case then you may want to have a look at my article below, we did a recent capacity analysis comparaison between AIX 32-bit vs 64-bit to revisit any negative impact and assess the hardware requirements.

Regards,
          P-H
          http://javaeesupportpatterns.blogspot.com/search/label/Native%20memory%20monitoring%20AIX%20IBM%20SDK