4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 16, 2012 3:47 AM by 917911 Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Installing XE Client en Windows 7 and using OLEDB

Hello,
      I'm trying to use XECLient with OLEDB on Win 7 but when installing XE client on Windows 7, the "Oracle Provider for OLE DB" doesn't appear in the Providers List (ex : in a udl file).
      I've tried to do this "regsvr32 OraOLEDB10.dll" and this is ok (dll registered successfully). But still no Oracle Provider !
      I need help please !
      Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Installing XE Client en Windows 7 and using OLEDB
          clcarter
          Maybe the 32-bit flavour of the ODBC admin applet is needed, see {thread:id=1121908}
          • 2. Re: Installing XE Client en Windows 7 and using OLEDB
            Thanks for your answer.

I've tried to open the udf file with this :
            c:\Windows\SysWOW64\rundll32.exe "c:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Ole DB\oledb32.dll",OpenDSLFile C:\MyFile\test.udl

.... still no Oracle Provider in the list !
            • 3. Re: Installing XE Client en Windows 7 and using OLEDB
              clcarter
              Maybe instead of the "c:\Prog ... \oledb32.dll" point to your OraOLEDB10.dll file instead?

Perhaps one of the Win/.NET forums can offer better help - {forum:id=145} or {forum:id=148}
              • 4. Re: Installing XE Client en Windows 7 and using OLEDB
                Hi there !
                I have the same problem On Windows 7 Professional 32bits (on several PC).
                After installing XEClient as an Administrator.
                I can't connect to my server with OLEDB (MS Access 2010).

I have error message "provider not found" or sometimes it will just crash without going to VBA error handler !
                If I "regsvr32 OraOLEDB10.dll" sometimes it works an sometimes it does not.
                But anyway it won't help for the connexion.
                Sometimes launching sqlplus will crashes also ! But will work if I launch it as a Administrator.

There is a workaround : installing OracleXE (the database) on the same machine will resolve the problem..
                Then we can just stop the unused Oracle services with MSConfig.
                When I install OracleXE.exe I see that my user get the ORA_DBA groupe...

If someone can help finding a better solution...
                Thx all !