4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2011 10:13 AM by user11303545

PO Approval Notification to Originator

user11303545
      Hello,

When a PO is created and is forwarded on for approval, when it is finally approved does the originator or Buyer receive an email stating its approved ? Does this functionality exists in Oracle & if Yes, what setups are required to enable the same.

Thanks,
      Shilpa.
        • 1. Re: PO Approval Notification to Originator
          S.PDASH
          Hi,
          Once a PO is approved by the approver, the buyer/creater of the PO either get a notification through mail or notification will appear once the buyer log into Apps. This is oracle standard functionality.

Mail will flow to buyer if the appropriate mail id is mentioned in the User screen or in Employee (buyer) HR record.

Notification mailer should be up and running.

Hope this will help.

/S.P DASH
          • 2. Re: PO Approval Notification to Originator
            user11303545
            Hi Dash,

Thanks Much for your reply. Is this option available in 11i also or in R12 only ? One more thing, Do we need to do anything with the PO Approval Workflow to get this notification ?

Thanks & Regards,
            Shilpa.
            • 3. Re: PO Approval Notification to Originator
              S.PDASH
              Hi,
              Your question : Is this option available in 11i also or in R12 only ?
              Ans : Yes available in both 11i and R12..

Q: Do we need to do anything with the PO Approval Workflow to get this notification ?
              Ans : Hope you have done appropriate setup in Document Type (Purchasing>Setup>Purchasing>Document Types)..

PO WF is basically derived from the Document type. In the Document type attribute e.g. say Purchase Order Standard Approval Workflow is normally set as : PO Approval and Workflow Startup Process as : PO Approval Top Process..

we believe below are the prerequisite for WF to send mail for approval...
              - Make sure notification mailer is up and running
              - WF background process is scheduled

Kind Regards,
              S.P DASH