This discussion is archived
9 Replies Latest reply: Mar 9, 2011 11:50 AM by mybro62 RSS

Maintenance wizard ftp to updates.oracle.com faild

Sam_cl Journeyer
Currently Being Moderated
Maintenance wizard ftp to updates.oracle.com faild with retired service message
I try to download patch in Maintenance wizard and got ftp failed error. I ran command "ftp updates.oracle.com" from DOS command and got the following message:
This service was retired as of November 06, 2009.

MW version 2.18

Any idea what can be causing this issue?

Thanks in Advance!.
  • 1. Re: Maintenance wizard ftp to updates.oracle.com faild
    vikki - moderator - oracle Explorer
    Samuel,

As of MW 2.18, we don't use FTP to download patches anymore from updates.oracle.com...

So how are you downloading the patch? Is it a step? If so, which product and step? Or are you using a utility?

Please provide more information.

(And yes, we know ftp to updates is no longer available.)

Thanks,

-Vikki Pickard
    Product Manager for the Maintenance Wizard
  • 2. Re: Maintenance wizard ftp to updates.oracle.com faild
    Sam_cl Journeyer
    Hi Vikki,

We use MW 2.18 to upgrade e-business suite from 11i to R12. Since MW has the functions to download and apply patch, so we want to use it. The downloading patch is in our upgrade steps. The MW utility also provides standalone function to download patches and merge patches. I don't understand is that the functions are there in MW, but we can't use it.

Thanks
  • 3. Re: Maintenance wizard ftp to updates.oracle.com faild
    mybro62 Journeyer
    Did you have MW previously installed before loading 2.18? The patch download utility works properly on my 2.18 install. Have you run liveupdate from the sysadmin login after installing the 2.18 patch?

Please describe in more detail what exactly is failing and what steps you take to reproduce the problem.

Thanks
  • 4. Re: Maintenance wizard ftp to updates.oracle.com faild
    user649511 Guru
    Looks like I need some help on the patch downloading in 2.18 as well. I ran the utiltity to make sure my MOS login was correct but the patch dowlonad is not working in the Prep for Upgrade/Create Merged patch for Rel 11i - Part 1. I've also tried downloading a patch by itself in the utilities but it won't work either. The errors reported don't tell me much but the log says to have to have the admin run the command manually. When I do I'm getting a java exception. Do you have any idea where I can start troubleshooting this?
    cat get_from_url_1704_5259121.sh
    /u01/mwiz/mwizdb/10.2.0/jre/*/bin/java -Dbug_number="5259121" -Daction="download_file" -Dplatform="46" -Ddownload_directory="./" oracle.support.mw.AruExecutor
    ls -l p5259121_11i_.zip
    [oramwiz@hntbw540d INSTANCE_1704]$ ./get_from_url_1704_5259121.sh
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: oracle/support/mw/AruExecutor
    ls: p5259121_11i_.zip: No such file or directory
    UPDATE: Found another log that said to run the https command manaully. Here is what happens when I do that. Note: I edited the parts with my email in them.
    https://updates.oracle.com/Orion/XMLAPI/download_patch/p5382135_11i_GENERIC.zip?aru=8623346&email=<myemailhere>&userid=O-<myemailhere>&patch_file=p5382135_11i_GENERIC.zip
    [1] 26587
    [2] 26588
    -bash: https://updates.oracle.com/Orion/XMLAPI/download_patch/p5382135_11i_GENERIC.zip?aru=8623346: No such file or directory
    [3] 26589
    [1] Exit 127 https://updates.oracle.com/Orion/XMLAPI/download_patch/p5382135_11i_GENERIC.zip?aru=8623346
    [3]+ Done userid=O-<myemailhere>

Edited by: user649511 on Feb 24, 2011 2:30 PM
  • 5. Re: Maintenance wizard ftp to updates.oracle.com faild
    mybro62 Journeyer
    please display the contents of the file ./get_from_url_5259121.log from under the $EOF_HOME/log/INSTANCE_1704 directory.
  • 6. Re: Maintenance wizard ftp to updates.oracle.com faild
    user649511 Guru
    My email address replaced
    cat get_from_url_5259121.log
    ERROR: Downloaded file: ./p5259121_11i_GENERIC.zip Problem: 0 Btyes, Try url manually: https://updates.oracle.com/Orion/XMLAPI/download_patch/p5259121_11i_GENERIC.zip?aru=8644093&email=<myemail>>&userid=O-<myemail>&patch_file=p5259121_11i_GENERIC.zip or contact support.
    ls: p5259121_*11i_*.zip: No such file or directory
  • 7. Re: Maintenance wizard ftp to updates.oracle.com faild
    user649511 Guru
    If it helps, here are the 'oracle' related lines in my $EOF_HOME/config/.netrc file. Maybe these are not the correct format or something? emal and passwords masked. Thanks for the help!!
    machine ftp.oracle.com login anonymous password <myemail>
    machine updates.oracle.com login <myemail> password <myMOSpassword>
  • 8. Re: Maintenance wizard ftp to updates.oracle.com faild
    user649511 Guru
    Thanks again for the help but I''ve opened a seperate thread since the title of this one is really not the issue I'm facing.
  • 9. Re: Maintenance wizard ftp to updates.oracle.com faild
    mybro62 Journeyer
    This is a bug that I have reproduced internally - not sure yet what is causing the patch to not download - will update when we have more information.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points