3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2011 8:27 PM by user12156361

Use iProcurement for our customer(Partner)

user12156361
      Let's say that for e.g Walmart is our business partner. They want to order 1000 Devices from us every month. But we don't manufacture so we will send a PO of same to our supplier and they will ship to Walmart.
      Now our requirement is - Can we give Oracle Iprocurement access to Walmart? Some representative from Walmart will create a requisition in Iproc (website) and we can create PO from that send to our supplier?

1. Is is possible to accept Walmart orders (iproc requisitions), as we don't own istore and we want them to enter the order through internet (don't want to accept fax/email).
      2. How to make Iproc available to them as a website? so that they don't have to connect via VPN? Please advise..

Thanks,

Edited by: user12156361 on Feb 18, 2011 8:02 AM
        • 1. Re: Use iProcurement for our customer(Partner)
          S.PDASH
          Hi,
          Don't you think Drop ship is the right way to handle your business requirement than using i-Proc..?? In simple, take Order from walmart, process the Sales Order, if you can't supply these items use drop-shipment functionality to fulfill the order.

If you have decided to use i-proc and to give accesss to your customer (walmart) then the process flow will be as below :
          1) Requisitioner will be a walmart person.. who will be approver of requisition?? Walmart manager or manager of your org?? The Approval process will be a complex one seems..

2) To do so you need to define requisitioner as an employee/contingent worker etc and maintain HR record

3) PO will be created by your organization.. the buyer will be someone from your org..

4) Receiving will be done at Walmart site??

Kind Regards,
          S.P DASH
          • 2. Re: Use iProcurement for our customer(Partner)
            Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant
            Maybe ... you need iStore; not iProcurement.

Create an internet store. Walmart logs in and orders the item. The item is setup to be drop ship.
            As soon as the sales order is booked, it kicks of a po requisition and a drop ship PO to the supplier.

The supplier delivers goods to walmart. The PO and SO closes.

Hope this helps,
            Sandeep Gandhi
            • 3. Re: Use iProcurement for our customer(Partner)
              user12156361
              Thanks for the reply. But I have a question -

"In simple, take Order from walmart, process the Sales Order, if you can't supply these items use drop-shipment functionality to fulfill the order. "

Taking order from walmart - How can they enter the order online (website). We don't want them to fax/email/phone us to give us the order?
              We don't have Istore also? I mean how do we get the order in to our order management?