This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 18, 2011 2:23 PM by 796440 RSS

Java memory leak.

841094 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,

Our company has a desktop application that is installed in our customers desktop's. This application has some kind of memory leak happening. I would like to use some profiler or some kind of tool to find out what is the memory leak and when it happens. Please let me know on how to go about this memory leak problem.

The desktop application communicates with our server. Due to the memory leak this communication doesn't happen and the application completely slows our customer's computer down.

Regards,
Raghu
  • 1. Re: Java memory leak.
    796440 Guru
    Currently Being Moderated
    user8293230 wrote:
    Hello,

Our company has a desktop application that is installed in our customers desktop's. This application has some kind of memory leak happening. I would like to use some profiler or some kind of tool to find out what is the memory leak and when it happens. Please let me know on how to go about this memory leak problem.
    Um... Learn about profilers in general, do some research on the ones available, try a couple of them out, use a combination of educated guessing and reading the docs to learn how to use them, then focus on the memory-related features and watch class's memory usage grows without bound?

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points