5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2013 12:59 AM by 985386 RSS

uninstallation problem in oracle 11g

i have uninstall ed oracle 11g from my computer but still the folder app exists when i delete the folder it is giving me message that cannot delete oci.dll file
      Access Denied Make sure disk is not full, or write - protected and that file is not currently in use
      iam not understanding what is actually happening

please somebody help
        • 1. Re: uninstallation problem in oracle 11g
          OrionNet
          Hello,

Go to control panel --> Adminstrative Tools ---> Services and verify no oracle services are up and running, if they please shut them down. What method did you used to de-install oracle 11g?

Regards
          OrionNet
          • 2. Re: uninstallation problem in oracle 11g
            On Windows there are known problems that generic process 'svchost.exe' locks some Oracle DLLs at boot time. To solve the issue

1) rename %ORACLE_HOME%\bin to something else
            2) reboot the machine
            3) now you are able to delete the complete folder

Same problem (and same workaround) applies to patching the Oracle software

Werner
            • 3. Re: uninstallation problem in oracle 11g
              Salman Qureshi
              hi,
              If you can't reboot system right now, cut the .dll file(s) from the directory and paste it any where in your system and now you can delete the APP folder. Later some day after reboot, you can also delete these .dll file(s)

Salman
              • 4. Re: uninstallation problem in oracle 11g
                Hans Forbrich
                user21354 wrote:
                i have uninstall ed oracle 11g from my computer but still the folder app exists when i delete the folder it is giving me message that cannot delete oci.dll file
                Access Denied Make sure disk is not full, or write - protected and that file is not currently in use
                iam not understanding what is actually happening

please somebody help
                No Oracle version. (11g is a marketing brand, not a version.) No Operating system name, version or edition.

Must be a Windows user ...

If that is a correct assumption, then either reboot the machine to release the lock on the DLL or do an internet search for Windows Unlocker (current version 1.9.0).
                • 5. Re: uninstallation problem in oracle 11g
                  Thanks ! it works ! :-)