8 Replies Latest reply: May 6, 2011 6:53 AM by pawankella RSS

DB Firewall 5.0 install

andrevwinss
      Hi,
      I am installing DB Firewall and Oracle Database Management Server on the same machine (virtualvbox 4.04). I am following the Oracle® Database Firewall Installation Guide Release 5.0 E18693-03 and have arrived at page 21, Network Settings Console. After having changed the values I have no clue how to exit this screen and continue. The page https://<ipadres from Network Settings Console>/admin/login gives me "File Not Found The requested page is not available." at this point so looks like the network console settings still have to be completed.

How to move on ?

Andre
        • 1. Re: DB Firewall 5.0 install
          sohannin
          Did you find out how to proceed from here? Just landed on the same screen..
          • 2. Re: DB Firewall 5.0 install
            Teymur-Oracle
            Hi,

Pls, follow my video tutorials:http://teymur-hajiyev.blogspot.com/2011/05/oracle-database-firewall.html
            Note that, I used VmWare workstation.
            • 3. Re: DB Firewall 5.0 install
              pawankella
              I Started "Database FW" installation as follows:

1. Create a VM machine with 80GB HDD(pre-allocated), 3 NICs, 1GB RAM, 1 Processor.
              2. Boot the machine with disc labelled "dbfw-installer-disc1-multi-5.0-114.iso
              3. On its prompt I then provide OEL 5u5 CD1of5
              4. Then it gave error message as follows:
              "Error Partitioning"
              Could not allocate partitions as sprimary partition
              Not enough space to create partition /boot
              ==========
              I am shocked that why it is giving this message as the VM machine has full 80GB space. I have even added another 10GB (pre-allocated) disk in the machine but try is in vain.

Any help/clue will be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
              Karachi
              • 4. Re: DB Firewall 5.0 install
                Stefan Oehrli
                Hi

I guess you need at least 100GB. Try to create a vmdisk with 100GB but do not enable pre-allocation. I did it this way on my environment and it worked well. The size of my vmdisk is currently about 13GB.

Cheers
                Stefan
                • 5. Re: DB Firewall 5.0 install
                  sohannin
                  Your video just shows that you didn't get rid of the network settings screen either. I personally view it a bit unsecure that a firewall displays a console allowing ip address change without authentication.
                  • 6. Re: DB Firewall 5.0 install
                    pawankella
                    Thank Stefam,

I provided 110GB space (no pre-allocation) but the same error receives:

"Error Partitioning"
                    Could not allocate partitions as sprimary partition
                    Not enough space left to create partition /boot

Press "OK" to reboot.

Thanks,
                    Karachi
                    • 7. Re: DB Firewall 5.0 install
                      Stefan Oehrli
                      Hi

I just did a small test with a new empty VM with a 110GB disk and an other test with 100GB. On both setup it could format the disk and start the installation. As soon as it start to copy the rpm's I killed the VM again. Is this issue related to your VM configuration? What kind of bus have you defined for your vmdisk?

I've just defined a 100GB disk SCSI Bus type not pre-allocated. Are you probably using using Bus Type IDE?

Cheers
                      Stefan
                      • 8. Re: DB Firewall 5.0 install
                        pawankella
                        Thanks Stefan,

Originally Hard disk drive detected as SCSI 0:0 but after your response I changed it to "IDE" instead :) and the error vanishes and installation is now in progress.

Regards,
                        Karachi