5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2011 4:12 PM by 841441

Position Hierarchy

Hello
      here is my query
      There are 3 Levels in position Hiearchy ( manager, engineer,supervisors)
      there are 5 supervisors and 3 engineers are there .... now we have don all setups to work position hierarchy....
      1)now one supervisor creates pr who will get notification ..all three engineers will get(all 3 in same position) ?
      2) if perticuler engineer has to get notification, is it possible? and dont want to use forward check box automatically wants to run how?

thanks
        • 1. Re: Position Hierarchy
          S.PDASH
          Hi,
          Your Question :

There are 3 Levels in position Hiearchy ( manager, engineer,supervisors), there are 5 supervisors and 3 engineers are there .... now we have don all setups to work position hierarchy....

1)now one supervisor creates pr who will get notification ..all three engineers will get(all 3 in same position) ?
          Ans : As per standard functionality it will go to 1st person whose name comes first alphabatically (Surname).. e.g say Adam Allister, Chris Cook, Blenda Bird are approver in Engineering group, any requisition created by a requisitioner will go to Adam Allister for approval if you use positional hierarchy approach for the approval

2) if perticuler engineer has to get notification, is it possible? and dont want to use forward check box automatically wants to run how?

Ans : Through customization you can achieve this.. Look for AME options.

/S.P DASH
          • 2. Re: Position Hierarchy
            thanks for quick response

and now i am using 11i ..what to know where can i get details of AME if u have any doc please attach thread

thanks
            • 3. Re: Position Hierarchy
              Hello Dash
              When i read some questions in position Hierarchy i got bellow thread which is related to the above (my Question) ...now i got doubt that for my question u answered that First person as per alphabetical order will get notification...but in bellow thread u said all three will get notification which is standard functionalality...which is correct..here is bellow thread

__Position Hierarchy i am not saying that u have given wrong... but i may miss some clarity please expain know?

thanks dash
              • 4. Re: Position Hierarchy
                S.PDASH
                Hi,
                I am sorry if my earlier post confused you.. infact the notification will go in sequence in Alphabetical order of the name, not necessarily to all the people in the group.. Hence my earlier comments that notification will go to 3 people of that group is wrong. Document will always be routed to the first person alphabetically assigned to the position of the group for approval.

Would you mind to go through the below url :
                http://www.scribd.com/doc/28329467/Approval-Hierarchies-SEtup-in-Purchasing

Please check page-5 & 6 of the Url.

Hope it helps.

Kind Regards,
                S.P DASH
                • 5. Re: Position Hierarchy
                  Excellent
                  i Appriciate you regarding your frankness.... thank you very much for helping knowledge to others ..

thanks