1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 17, 2011 10:19 AM by KG RSS

Get latest Queries

Hi,

I have a very complicated problem :(

I am working on Oracle database with a VB.NET application.

My application is a huge student information system, one of the function is to update student table at the end of each semester, the following fields need to be updated: COMULATIVEGPA, SEMESTERGPA, WARNING, STUDENTLEVEL.

I observed that one of about 700 students record has been not fully changed! which means one update statement update only the COMULATIVEGPA but not all fields!! something boring!! I checked the code it is run with all students except ONE!

Is there anycase that in one UPDATE query operate to update one field and ignore OTHERS!!
      My Query is UPDATE STUDENT_TBL SET COMULATIVEGPA = 4, SEMESTERGPA = 3.9, WARNING = 3, STUDENTLEVE = 3 WHERE STUDENTID = '123456'

The COMULATIVEGPA has got the value while the other fileds keeps the precious ones!!

I s there a log file which contains all queries sent from other applications to ORACLE in order to check the sent query?

I really need to solve this problem,, I have to..

Thank you
      Rana
        • 1. Re: Get latest Queries
          KG
          Hi
          if you dont have auditing enabled use logminer

Refer link it has everything you need to about using it

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14215/logminer.htm