3 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2012 9:20 PM by 511552 RSS

Apex listener with Jboss

rsmith
      Hi,

Has anyone managed to get Apex Listener to work with Jboss? I know it's not supported by Oracle, but wanted to know if it would work.
      If possible, does anyone have any steps to set it up or can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
      Ray
        • 1. Re: Apex listener with Jboss
          I was able to get the listener working with the older 1.0.2 version. I just dropped apex.war in the server deploy directory and did the configuration in my browser. http://localhost:8080/apex/listenerConfigure

Things got flakey after there. I was redirected to a url that did not exist and got an error - maybe a 404? - but apex-config.xml was created and a simple test I have works. It does not seem that the property specifying the apex home is working. (That may only apply to the standalone mode.)

I have not been successful with the 1.1 version of the listener with JBoss. I get exceptions when I try to run my test. But following directions I found on the forum, I could get apex working with Tomcat 6 (though not 7).

FYI, I am using JBoss 5.1.

Eric

stacktrace with JBoss and Apex 1.1:
          oracle.dbtools.rt.service.ServiceLocatorException: Exception occurred in activate() method
               at oracle.dbtools.rt.service.Provider.activate(Provider.java:56)
               at oracle.dbtools.rt.service.Provider.match(Provider.java:111)
               at oracle.dbtools.rt.service.Providers.match(Providers.java:22)
               at oracle.dbtools.rt.service.ServiceLocator.acquireAll(ServiceLocator.java:97)
               at oracle.dbtools.rt.service.ServiceLocator.acquireAll(ServiceLocator.java:104)
               at oracle.dbtools.rt.uri.URIResolvers.resolve(URIResolvers.java:28)
               at oracle.dbtools.rt.uri.URIDispatcher.canDispatch(URIDispatcher.java:30)
               at oracle.dbtools.rt.web.RequestDispatchers.choose(RequestDispatchers.java:90)
               at oracle.dbtools.rt.web.RequestDispatchers.dispatch(RequestDispatchers.java:52)
               at oracle.dbtools.rt.web.HttpEndpointBase.service(HttpEndpointBase.java:84)
               at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
               at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
               at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
               at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)
               at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
               at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
               at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:235)
               at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
               at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:183)
               at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:433)
               at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:95)
               at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.process(SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.java:126)
               at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.invoke(SecurityContextEstablishmentValve.java:70)
               at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
               at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
               at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.jca.CachedConnectionValve.invoke(CachedConnectionValve.java:158)
               at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:567)
               at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
               at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:330)
               at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:829)
               at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:598)
               at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:451)
               at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
          Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI is not hierarchical
               at java.io.File.<init>(File.java:363)
               at oracle.dbtools.rt.uri.WarURIResolver.file(WarURIResolver.java:50)
               at oracle.dbtools.rt.uri.WarURIResolver.findRoot(WarURIResolver.java:35)
               at oracle.dbtools.rt.uri.WarURIResolver.activate(WarURIResolver.java:25)
               at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
               at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
               at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
               at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
               at oracle.dbtools.rt.service.__Reflections.invoke(__Reflections.java:85)
               at oracle.dbtools.rt.service.Provider.activate(Provider.java:43)
               ... 32 more
          • 2. Re: Apex listener with Jboss
            I believe its too late but I worked with JBOSS7.0.2 and APEX Listener and I posted the entire step by step method in my blog. If you like to go this route.

http://apexdplsepg.blogspot.com/2011/12/apex-listener-12-with-jboss702.html

Hope this will help.
            • 3. Re: Apex listener with Jboss
              Thanks for sharing! I am working on to configure APEX listener with Jboss, and is working for this. Good to have the valuable sharing!