but does not work ..
i got the following error message
ld.so.1: javaldx: fatal: libxml2.so.2: version `LIBXML2_2.4.30' not found (required by file /opt/openoffice.org/ure/bin/../lib/libjvmfwk.so.3)
ld.so.1: javaldx: fatal: libxml2.so.2: open failed: No such file or directory
ld.so.1: javaldx: fatal: relocation error: file /opt/openoffice.org/ure/bin/../lib/libjvmfwk.so.3: symbol xmlFree: referenced symbol not found
ld.so.1: javaldx: fatal: relocation error: file /opt/openoffice.org/ure/bin/javaldx: symbol jfw_getEnabled: referenced symbol not found
I put /opt/openoffice.org/ure/lib in my LD_LIBRARY_PATH and that fixed the problem. It is looking for libxml2.so.2.
The real problem is it is finding /usr/lib/libxml2.so.2 instead of using /opt/openoffice.org/ure/lib/libxml2.so.2. LD_LIBRAY_PATH determines the path and the order. Change the order of LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the /opt/openoffice.org3/program/soffice script.