1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 4, 2011 2:54 PM by rschepis RSS

Web Service

Does any one have some basic information as to what is the proper way to submit a web service in CCA?

I have the correct link and list of parameters I need to use, but it is not working and I'd like to know if there is any special parameter format I need to use. For excecuting sprocs I had to use a ? sigh instead of the $ sign for the parameters, is there anything like that I need to know for web services?

If you have a simple example of a web service that would be greatly apreciated, I am mainly concerned about whether there are any formating particular cases that need to be followed.

I've tried my web service with $parameter format and ?parameter format and both have failed.

Edited by: amartinez on Mar 1, 2011 1:54 PM
        • 1. Re: Web Service
          rschepis
          CCA provides a native method to invoke external Web Services while processing an IVR. This feature is available using the CCA Campaign.

The methodology used with Web Services utilizes the calling or invoking of the external Web Service and then receiving the response. The Invocation can be accomplished using the native included CCA Invocation classes or users may choose to write their own custom invocation class.

CCA provides an included Java Class that allow users to invoke external Web Services is WebServiceInvocation.class

Note here that the path is included in the definition by providing a dot for each subdirectory. So the file: \com\taw\web\invocationWebServiceInvocation.class
          Is defined by using: ‘com.taw.web.invocation.WebServiceInvocation’

When using the Native Invocation, CCA has very ridged naming conventions that must be followed. If these are not followed precisely the invocation will fail.

Due to the version of Glue used with the Axis libraries in CCA, the target Web Service should be written in Java. If alternate .Net web services are required, a wrapper can be used inside a Java web service broker to act as an intermediary to call the .Net web service. Alternatively OCS can be contracted to upgrade the CCA Glue framework to use a newer Axis library.

The input to the Native Invocation Class must included 2 and only 2 objects named exactly as follows:

WebServiceInvocationId
          KeyValue

The result of the invocation will be returned as:

WebServiceInvocationResult

The Campaign should use a default invocation class but I'd advise you to specify just to be sure.

The values are:
          $invocationClass
          com.taw.web.invocation.WebServiceInvocation

Remember that when specifying the string value single quotes (ticks) should surround the value (as with any string in CCA Campaigns).

Next in the same node set the values for the service name.

Set this to the default of ‘invoke’ used in CCA.

If this was not defined, the Campaign should use the default of ‘invoke’ but again I'd advise on setting it to be sure.

The values are :

$serviceName
          invoke

Next you will need to set the values that will be passed as the input objects to the invocation class.

Recall that the two required objects are WebServiceInvocationId and KeyValue.

The next area that would need to be defined is the Invocation wait loop.

This is done for both testing as well as operation reasons.

For testing this provides simple troubleshooting.

For production use, the loop is important to handle time outs and errors.