1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 3, 2011 9:27 AM by Adamc-Oracle

cannot get xls2collections to work ..

Adamc-Oracle
      I'm running the APEX Listener standalone using the Embedded Web Container ... seems to be working fine. (using Oracle APEX Listener 1.1)

I've updated apex-config.xml to include

<entry key="apex.excel2collection">true</entry>

and restarted the listener using ..

java -Dapex.port=8081 -Dapex.images=/u01/app/oracle/product/apex_lsnr/images -Dapex.erase=true -jar apex.war

and then checked that the changes to the config file had persisted.

I've copied the APP Scott Spendolini published in http://spendolini.blogspot.com/2010_02_01_archive.html and also had a go myself ..

When I click the upload button (which has a REQUEST value of "XLS2COLLECTION"), the file gets loaded into wwv_flow_files however there isn't a collection created.

Any ideas? What's missing?
        • 1. Re: cannot get xls2collections to work ..
          Adamc-Oracle
          so this is what went wrong ..

the APEX Listener code is installed in /u01/app/oracle/product/apex_lsnr

In that directory is apex-config.xml. I changed the existing entry in that file to <entry key="apex.excel2collection">true</entry> having made the assumption that this was the right file.

I then removed all files under /tmp/apex and /home/oracle/.apex ... which seems to be where temp files are located.

I restarted the APEX Listener with

java -Dapex.port=8081 -Dapex.images=/u01/app/oracle/product/apex_lsnr/images -Dapex.erase=true -jar apex.war

The problem is that the new apex-config.xml file created under /tmp/apex doesn't have any entry like <entry key="apex.excel2collection">true</entry> ... that is, the config file created does not cary over any if the settings made in the original (persistent) version of apex-config,xml

I added <entry key="apex.excel2collection">true</entry> to the /tmp/apex/apex-config.xml and restarted the listener and it all work!