6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2011 1:01 PM by user649511

mismatch between the patch version

user649511
      Version 2.18, next step, next issue. Got through the 'Do Setup' step on "9-Apply DBA CUP and related patches" with a bug workaround that was provided. Now went to the next step of 'Do Execute' and it is failing with the message below. I've done some inital searching and haven't found an answer. There was one note on MOS about a very similar issue but it was resolved in 2.16. Posting here whild I spend more time researching and trying to figure out the reason. I also reviewed my notes from when I did this upgrade manually and these mereged patches were not applied in preinstall mode as the message is saying has to be done. Any help would be appreicated. Thanks!.
      patchit12.sh - is exiting with no actions. ie. Patch patchfile_ad17089s not applied.
      There is a mismatch between the patch version specified and the release
      version obtained from your Applications environment. In order to apply
      Release 12 patches to previous Applications versions, the patch must be
      applied in preinstall mode.This can be done by passing the appropriate
      value to the preinstall parameter of eof_patch12.sh.
      INFO: Not starting patch alert monitor, to start: Login Engineer, User Admin, Update Profile
      Version in scripts/COMMON
      # $Header: patchit12.sh 1.32 2009/09/15 16:00:00 vpickard $

Edited by: user649511 on Mar 2, 2011 2:24 PM
        • 1. Re: mismatch between the patch version
          David Heisler-Oracle
          Op - another bug. When we were testing this there was a bug with the merge of the three patches not being executed in -admode in the Setup step. I had already applied the merged patch manually so when I tested the fixed bug it did fix the admerge problem in the setup of this step but when I ran execute it saw that the patches were already applied and skipped the application of the patch. I have found the bug and it involves changing the text value in the EXECUTE_UNIX column of the EOF_STEP table in the MW database. I could give you this information but I would recommend that you just go ahead and apply the merged patch manually on your apps tier. I will log another bug for this issue. If you want the column update let me know and I will give it to you.

Thanks

Dave
          • 2. Re: mismatch between the patch version
            user649511
            Thanks once again for all of the help! I would like to at least check out the code fix and consider it since once it is in place we would not hit this problem when using the wizard for future upgrades. I can go ahead and apply manually if you would prefer. As for applying manually, I've yet to find a good way to determine what adpatch options a patch step is going to use so that I can perform it the same way the wizard would have especially in a case like this where it didn't even start the patch.
            • 3. Re: mismatch between the patch version
              David Heisler-Oracle
              If you would like to wait I can give you the fix when I get it from development. Please let me know what you would like to do.

Thanks

Dave
              • 4. Re: mismatch between the patch version
                user649511
                Any idea on how long that might be? I'm already way beind and want to be applying the actual upgrade driver tomorrow morning sometime for sure. I just have to finish this step, then run the step for 7303029 hopefully without any issues, then I'll be ready to kick off the upgrade. Thanks!
                • 5. Re: mismatch between the patch version
                  David Heisler-Oracle
                  You can change following in patchit12.sh under ./eof/scripts/COMMON. Please change it back before executing any other steps.

From

Check_Release()
                  #####################################################
                  #Check if the releasenr is OK
                  {
                  if [ "${preinstall}" = "y" ];then
                  RELEASE=12
                  echo
                  echo "patchit12.sh is installing: $patch in preinstall=y mode."
                  else
                  REL=`Get_Release`
                  RELEASE=`echo $REL | awk '{print substr($1,1,2)}'`
                  echo
                  echo "Found release REL=$REL from fnd_product_groups."

fi

to

Check_Release()
                  #Check if the releasenr is OK
                  {
                  if [ "${preinstall}" = "y" ];then
                  RELEASE=12
                  echo
                  echo "patchit12.sh is installing: $patch in preinstall=y mode."
                  else
                  REL=`Get_Release`
                  #RELEASE=`echo $REL | awk '{print substr($1,1,2)}'`
                  RELEASE=12
                  echo
                  echo "Found release REL=$REL from fnd_product_groups."

fi
                  • 6. Re: mismatch between the patch version
                    user649511
                    That worked just fine. Original script was put back in place before I start the next step. Thanks again for the great help!