4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 4, 2011 10:45 AM by Brandye Barrington-Oracle RSS

10g OCP certificate not received(waiting for 2 months)

Hi,

I have sent details requested for cetificate processing to ocp-fulfillment_ww@oracle.com and given below is the copy of the details.

Full Name: xxxx
      Oracle Testing id: xxxxx
      Exam Taken : 1Z0-040-ENU: Oracle Database 10g: New Features for Administrators
      Score: 100%
      Email address:xxxxx
      Mobile:xxxxx

I am waiting for my OCP 10g certificate. I completed the Oracle exam 1Z0-040 on Dec 1,2010  and its been more than 2 months now....
      I completed Oracle 9i OCP in 2007.
      Please let me know why i dint receive the ceritifcate (or anything is needed from my side) and when can i receive the certificate.

There is no reply from Oracle for couple of my mails.
      I dont know how to escalate this matter and whom to escalate..
      Please guide me...I want this certificate..

Thanks,
      DB
        • 1. Re: 10g OCP certificate not received(waiting for 2 months)
          DB wrote:
          Hi,

I have sent details requested for cetificate processing to ocp-fulfillment_ww@oracle.com and given below is the copy of the details.

Full Name: xxxx
          Oracle Testing id: xxxxx
          Exam Taken : 1Z0-040-ENU: Oracle Database 10g: New Features for Administrators
          Score: 100%
          Email address:xxxxx
          Mobile:xxxxx

I am waiting for my OCP 10g certificate. I completed the Oracle exam 1Z0-040 on Dec 1,2010  and its been more than 2 months now....
          I completed Oracle 9i OCP in 2007.
          Please let me know why i dint receive the ceritifcate (or anything is needed from my side) and when can i receive the certificate.

There is no reply from Oracle for couple of my mails.
          I dont know how to escalate this matter and whom to escalate..
          Please guide me...I want this certificate..

Thanks,
          DB
          You have my sympathies.

You have probably already read the thread: {thread:id=2183568}.

In essence the things to take away from this are:

1) There has been a delay in the sending of success kits due to a shipper issue.
          2) Communications are to be addressed to: ocp-fulfillment_ww

IMHO Other attempts at escalation will fail, cause one to go red and increase the old blood pressure, and simply add to traffic jams in the system. The Certification Programme Manager is already I suspect aware of issues, and is probably already giving utmost pressure to get things sorted.

The self help thing one can do is register at certview. See http://certview.oracle.com. and http://certification.oracle.com (FAQs). At least that way you have confirmation the certification has been awarded, and know that eventually the certificate non delivery will be sorted by a reship if necessary; and you can manage the non delivery better and get email certification proof emailed to a third party if necessary. (Also see {message:id=9399080} )
          • 2. Re: 10g OCP certificate not received(waiting for 2 months)
            Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have already registered my details with certview. Sorry, I dont like getting sympathies from anyone.

I figured out the issue.
            Since I completed Oracle 9i OCP with prometric and did 10g OCP with pearson, details of my 9i OCP are not reflecting in Pearson VUE.
            I dont remember the prometric id.

But once i get the prometric Id, Can you please let me know how to merge the 9i OCP details in pearson VUE site?

Thanks,
            DB
            • 3. Re: 10g OCP certificate not received(waiting for 2 months)
              DB wrote:
              Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have already registered my details with certview. Sorry, I dont like getting sympathies from anyone.

I figured out the issue.
              Since I completed Oracle 9i OCP with prometric and did 10g OCP with pearson, details of my 9i OCP are not reflecting in Pearson VUE.
              I dont remember the prometric id.

But once i get the prometric Id, Can you please let me know how to merge the 9i OCP details in pearson VUE site?

Thanks,
              DB
              OK. .... No sympathy then ;-)

However .....

It may (or may not) be you are suffering from having taking exams under two Oracle Testing Id.

What should have happened is that when you registered with Pearson VUE for your exam you existing Prometric Id should have become your Oracle Testing Id. If however you were allocated a new Oracle Testing Id then the exams will be against two different Oracle Testing Id's, and it will be as if 2 different people have taken the exams.

Please note exams passed under Prometric will never be shown on the Pearson VUE system .... however exams taken under both Pearson VUE and Prometric will show under Certview. So it is Certview where you need to look.

If you look under Certview and only see some of your exams, in particular those from Pearson VUE and not Prometric (allowing for lag of a week after you pass them), then you probably have taken exams under two Oracle Testing Ids.

To Summarise:

1) If under Certview you can see all of your exams .... then you do not have a problem of having two or more Oracle Testing ID's.

2) If under certview you can see all of your exams, but you do not have the certfications awarded you expect, then there would appear to be a problem with the pre-requisites Certview (and the Oracle Certification database) thinks you need and you think you need.

3) If under certview you can see your exams under Pearson VUE, but not under Prometric, then you probably have taken exams under two Oracle Testing Id's. You need to establish both of these and follow the procedure for + I have taken my tests under two different candidate IDs. How can I get these merged? + under the FAQs.

Basically certview helps to confirm if the certification was actually awarded (and a little investigation should show why it was not) or if the problem was a shipping error.

rgds - bigdelboy.
              • 4. Re: 10g OCP certificate not received(waiting for 2 months)
                Brandye Barrington-Oracle
                I have taken my tests under two different candidate IDs. How can I get these merged?

If you have taken your exams (excluding Java, Oracle Solaris (Cluster), MySQL, NetBeans, OpenOffice.org) under two different Oracle Testing IDs you will need to contact Pearson VUE at www.pearsonvue.com/oracle/contact to request them to merge your two (or more) IDs. Please include in the email your full name and email address as well as all IDs that need to be merged, indicating which should be the surviving ID. Approximately 72 hours after you have received confirmation from Pearson VUE that your IDs have been merged, you can check your CertView account to ensure that all certifications and exams now show up under your account.

Regards,
                Brandye Barrington
                Certification Forum Moderator