11 Replies Latest reply: Nov 12, 2011 5:51 AM by 725850 RSS

How to call JSP page from Oracle APPs R12 Login Page

Hanimi
      Hi,
      We developed one jsp page, we need to call that jsp page immediatly after login the R12 application..

Pls provide the Information,

Thanks in Advance,

Hanimi..
        • 1. Re: How to call JSP page from Oracle APPs R12 Login Page
          Gyan Darpan
          Hanimi,

Attach the JSP page to Menu. And on the click of the Menu page will get displayed.

Regards,
          Gyan
          • 2. Re: How to call JSP page from Oracle APPs R12 Login Page
            Hanimi
            Hi Gyan,
            Client requirement is not like that, they want jsp page after login immediatly, in that page we are showing all responsibilities in pie chart.

Thanks,
            Hanimi
            • 3. Re: How to call JSP page from Oracle APPs R12 Login Page
              Gyan Darpan
              Hanimi,

Under OA_HTML directory u will find a AppsLocalLogin.jsp modify it according to your requirement.

Note - You have a lot thread marked as unanswered. As of the forum etiquette you need to close your thread once your issue get resolved.

Regards,
              Gyan
              • 4. Re: How to call JSP page from Oracle APPs R12 Login Page
                Hanimi
                Hi,
                Can you please specify the exact path for getting AppsLocalLogin.jsp

Thanks,
                Hanimi.
                • 5. Re: How to call JSP page from Oracle APPs R12 Login Page
                  All the jsp files are located in OA_HTML directory. This directory path is different for each instance.

In the putty ftp tool using below commands you can find out the path (or consult your DBA).

cd $OA_HTML
                  pwd

As per R 11.5.10 (hope same structure is followed in R12), From the "AppsLocalLogin.jsp" internally "fndvald.jsp" is called for validation and routing it to home page where all responsibilities are displayed.

Since you need to modify jsp pages and there is no oracle provided stadard extension methods, try the below approach:

Create a new jsp page "fndvaldNew.jsp" with the same code as "fndvald.jsp". In the new jsp file modify the code in such a way that after the login credential validation takes place, route the page to your custom home page(wherever you want to navigate) instead of seeded home page.

Call "fndvaldNew.jsp" instead of "fndvald.jsp" in the "AppsLocalLogin.jsp". So even if some error occurs we just need to revert back one line of seeded code.

Finally close your previous threads if they are answered.

-Anand
                  • 6. Re: How to call JSP page from Oracle APPs R12 Login Page
                    Hanimi
                    Hi,
                    We are using R12.. In fndvald.jsp file having following code only

<%-- $Header: fndvald.jsp 120.6 2006/09/08 13:57:46 rsantis noship $ --%>
                    <%@ page language="java" %>
                    <%
                    response.setHeader("Cache-Control", "no-cache");
                    response.setHeader("Pragma", "no-cache");
                    response.setDateHeader("Expires", 0);
                    %>
                    <jsp:forward page="/AuthenticateUser" />

Pls let me know where i have change the code and where can i get the "AuthenticateUser" file.

thanks,
                    Hanimi.
                    • 7. Re: How to call JSP page from Oracle APPs R12 Login Page
                      Kalimuthu V-Oracle
                      Hanimi,

If you want to show the responsibilities, first you should check the entered username/password is correct, then
                      the system will be redirected to OAHOMEPAGE. If you dont want to show the Home Page and redirect to your custom .jsp page,

You can personalize the OAHOMEPAGE and extend the controller, in that controller you redirect the page to your custom .jsp file.
                      Page: /oracle/apps/fnd/framework/navigate/webui/HomePG
                      Extend the controller: oracle.apps.fnd.framework.navigate.webui.OAHomePageCO;

Thanks,

With regards,
                      Kali.
                      OSSI.
                      • 8. Re: How to call JSP page from Oracle APPs R12 Login Page
                        Hanimi
                        Hi,
                        We are using R12 instance, home page having OANewHomePageCO, strane is i deleted OANewHomePageCO calss file from oracle.apps.fnd.framework.navigate.webui.OANewHomePageCO, restarted apache and cleared Cache, but also home page is opening..what could be the reason?

Thanks,

Hanimi.

Edited by: Hanimi on Mar 9, 2011 2:23 AM
                        • 9. Re: How to call JSP page from Oracle APPs R12 Login Page
                          Approach suggested by Kali is the best one.

Go to home page after logging in. Using About this page link find out controller(CO) attached to page Layout region.

Extend this controller and in the processRequest redirect to your custom jsp page using

pageContext.setForwardURL()

-Anand
                          • 10. Re: How to call JSP page from Oracle APPs R12 Login Page
                            Kalimuthu V-Oracle
                            Hanimi,

I have done this in 11i, and it worked fine.
                            May be in R12 newHomePageCO would have added.

Btw, have you bounced oaCore or apache,
                            In R12 you have to bounce oacore to get the new files effect.

Thanks,

With regards,
                            Kali.
                            OSSI.
                            • 11. Re: How to call JSP page from Oracle APPs R12 Login Page
                              Hi Kali,

I am working on a similar requirement and the solution you have mentioned makes sense and hopefully should work. I wanted to check if you managed to run this locally from jdeveloper?

The reason being, I tried running the login page from Jdeveloper and after I entered the username and password, it errored with Resource/AuthenticateError error. Do I need to copy any
                              additional files from the server or is it not possible to run the login page from Jdeveloper?

I would really appreciate if you can point me in the right direction (OAF version is 12.1.1)

Many Thanks,
                              Praveen