3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 9, 2011 1:21 PM by 845989

Item Description not displayed in BWC (12.1.3)

Looking for urgent assistance. We have upgraded to 12.1.3 (from 12.1.2) and the Item Description no longer displays in the Item/Job column of the Requisitions Demand Workbench of the BWC. Previously displayed description as entered via Non-Catalog Requests in iProc, but now displays "----------". I have also created a test item, and the column only displays the Item Code - no description. Has anyone else experienced this?
        • 1. Re: Item Description not displayed in BWC (12.1.3)
          I have narrowed down the problem - the seeded "My Requisitions" View has obviously been changed. The workaround for the interim is to duplicate the seeded view and add the Description column. This is however not an acceptable solution.
          • 2. Re: Item Description not displayed in BWC (12.1.3)
            S.PDASH
            Hi,
            Under a non-catalog request you won't see a Item description, Item descripion under non-catalog request is user enetarble fiield.. Not sure why you are mentioning we are referring an Item for non-catalog request.

You mentioned : I have also created a test item, and the column only displays the Item Code - no description.. Is this item you are using for a Catalog request ??

Appreciate if you can elaborate your issue in this forum..

Kind Regards,
            S.P DASH
            • 3. Re: Item Description not displayed in BWC (12.1.3)
              You are correct in stating that the description is user-entered for non-catalog requests. The description is in actual fact the Requisition Line description (not Req Header description), which previously appeared in the Item/Job column on the Requisition Demand Workbench in BWC. We merely refer to it as the item description for simplicity, since it is a description of the "item" being requested / purchased.

Yes, the Test item I created refers to a Catalog request. (I defined values for the 2 segments of the System Items key flexfield, and then created an item in Master Items, defining it with a description of "Test Item") After creating a requisition in the Enter Requisition form (not iProc, but old / core application form) using this item, the Seg1 & 2 values only are displayed in the Item/Job column on the Requisition Demand Workbench in BWC - no description.

Hope this clarifies.
              Regards.
              Gideon