9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2012 2:39 PM by 961477

Cannot start Fusion Middleware Enterprise Manager

jaramill
      Okay here's my setup on both my DEV and TEST environments:

O/S: Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
      WebLogic Server: 10.3.4
      Oracle Fusion Middleware: 11.1.1.4

I just upgraded from WLS 10.3.2 to .3, then .4 and also upgraded the Fusion Middleware (which comes with Forms/Reports) from 11.1.1.2 to 11.1.1.4. When I upgraded everything, I cannot access the Enterprise Manager via: http://localhost.localdomain:7001/em.
      So I checked the "Deployments" via the WebLogicServer Administration Console: http://localhost.localdomain:7001/console, and sure enough the 'em' deployment is in either a "Failed" or "Prepared" state, along with 'formsconfigbeans' in a 'Failed' state. Now looking at the logs the error I see is:

#<Mar 12, 2011 11:46:39 PM PST> <Error> <Deployer> <webapp_test.directv.com> <AdminServer> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '1' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<WLS Kernel>> <> <0000IuiB^bVF8DWFLzqIOA1DV7PO000000> <1300002399037> <BEA-149205> <Failed to initialize the application 'em' due to error weblogic.application.ModuleException: Failed to load webapp: '/em'.
      weblogic.application.ModuleException: Failed to load webapp: '/em'
           at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppModule.prepare(WebAppModule.java:393)

Then the cause:

Caused By: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: oracle/adfinternal/view/faces/bi/taglib/hierarchyViewer/SearchResultsTag : org/apache/myfaces/trinidadinternal/taglib/UIXCollectionTag
           at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)

At this point I'm stuck. I've searched the forums and Googled everywhere but can't seem to find someone who had the same issue I did. I see others with similar problems but not exactly like mine. And this is after I shutdown all the WLS servers in both DEV/TEST environments and then proceeded to upgrade. I'll call Oracle Support on Monday but for now wanted to see if anyone had this issue.

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Cannot start Fusion Middleware Enterprise Manager
          René van Wijk
          Are you using the nodemanager to start the servers?

In this case you have to edit the nodemanager.properties files and the StartScriptEnabled property to true.

The nodemanager.properties file is located in the directory <middleware-home>/wlserver_10.3/common/nodemanager.
          • 2. Re: Cannot start Fusion Middleware Enterprise Manager
            jaramill
            René van Wijk wrote:
            Are you using the nodemanager to start the servers?

In this case you have to edit the nodemanager.properties files and the StartScriptEnabled property to true.

The nodemanager.properties file is located in the directory <middleware-home>/wlserver_10.3/common/nodemanager.
            Yes the first thing I do is I run the environment script "setWLSEnv.sh", then run the nodemanager "startNodeManager.

And I did look at that file "nodemanager.properties" and the "StartScriptEnabled" property had the value "true" already set. So that's not it. In what way shall I start everything?
            Once I start the nodemanager, I then run the startWebLogic.sh in the domain that I created. Any other clues Rene?

Thanks,
            Gio

Edited by: jaramill on Mar 14, 2011 10:13 AM
            • 3. Re: Cannot start Fusion Middleware Enterprise Manager
              viki
              I have also strucked with this same problem from last 15 days i am in contact with ORACLE Support but still didn't get any solution. if you get any solution please tell me also and if i get any thing i will revert back to you
              • 4. Re: Cannot start Fusion Middleware Enterprise Manager
                jaramill
                Vikas Saini wrote:
                I have also strucked with this same problem from last 15 days i am in contact with ORACLE Support but still didn't get any solution. if you get any solution please tell me also and if i get any thing i will revert back to you
                Same here Vikas. I opened up an SR with My Oracle Support and working with them on the possible solution. Will keep you posted as well.
                • 5. Re: Cannot start Fusion Middleware Enterprise Manager
                  Sven L
                  I have the same problem. Did anyone find a solution?
                  • 6. Re: Cannot start Fusion Middleware Enterprise Manager
                    jaramill
                    Okay after 2-3 weeks of troubleshooting this problem, it turns out the problem was on my side but there are other solutions depending upon your setup. The NOTE provided by Oracle's knowledge base is to copy the http_client.jar file from the $ORACLE_HOME/oui/jlib dir to your $DOMAIN_HOME/<domain app name>/lib. But that didn't solve my particular problem.

My problem was IN my .bashrc file I had environment variables such as CLASS_PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, etc...

REMOVE THOSE!!! Upon installing it, EM comes up fine, but it's when you shut it down and restart the weblogic server that would cause the EM to fail loading. Why? Because of the JavaClassDef not found. Why is that? Because of the environment variables set in my .bashrc file. Oracle Fusion Middleware is self contained. So it doesn't need all that. The only variables I have are:

ORACLE_HOME
                    ORACLE_SID
                    DOMAIN_HOME
                    ORACLE_INSTANCE
                    TNS_ADMIN

That's it.

Try this and see if it cures your problem.

Thanks for Oracle's Support in troubleshooting this.
                    • 7. Re: Cannot start Fusion Middleware Enterprise Manager
                      viki
                      My problem is also solved with the help of jaramill advise thanks jaramill. Me too struggling with the problem of not starting Fusion Middleware em from last one month and oracle support too fails to give me any solution.today after reading jaramill post i have delete all the entries from .profile file of sun soloaris OS i only kept

ORACLE_HOME
                      ORACLE_INSTANCE
                      TNS_ADMIN
                      JAVA_HOME
                      DOMAIN_HOME

all entries other the above should be deleted from .profile file and then restart your OS and weblogic server. this time you wont found the same error while starting your weblogic server.

best of luck and hope this will solve your problem too. thanks again
                      • 8. Re: Cannot start Fusion Middleware Enterprise Manager
                        ManojC
                        Hi,

I am also facing the same issue with em..I have installed the fusion Middleware in Windows Server 2003..Please find the log trace below..

<AdminServer> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '1' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<WLS Kernel>> <> <> <1322655505312> <BEA-101371> <There was a failure when processing annotations for application D:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\domains\ucm_domain\servers\AdminServer\tmp\_WL_user\em\hsz5x1\em\em.war. Please make sure that the annotations are valid. The error is oracle.adf.share.security.authentication.AuthenticationServlet>
                        <BEA-149205> <Failed to initialize the application 'em' due to error weblogic.application.ModuleException: Failed to load webapp: 'em/em'.
                        weblogic.application.ModuleException: Failed to load webapp: 'em/em'..

Can you please tell me how to fix this issue?
                        • 9. Re: Cannot start Fusion Middleware Enterprise Manager
                          Try remove your CLASSPATH variable in "advanced">"system properties". It's solve in my case. Adminstration Startup script sets its own CLASSPATH.

Thankx