This content has been marked as final. Show 3 replies
You will find that emp. Supervisor hierarchy (ESH) is simpler to setup and understand. But it has less functionality.1 person found this helpful
e.g. In PBH (position based hierarchy), you can submit PO's using different paths if necessary. But in ESH, the po always will go to the supervisor and his supervisor etc.
To implement your change
1) Go to the define employees screen (in the purchasing module if you use Shared HR or in the HRMS module if you use full HRMS). Enter the supervisor name for all employees that will submit /approve PO.
2) Purchasing > setup > organizations > financial options > Human resources tab > uncheck "Use approval hierarchies" checkbox
3) You can end-date existing hierarchies.
4) You don't have to run Fill employee hierarchy program anymore.
5) When a person leaves or there is a reorg, make sure you update the supervisor name for the employees.
6) You need to continue to maintain approval groups and assignments as before.
Hope this answers your question,
Would like to know what happens to the existing PO's. Would there be any issues ?
exsisting PO'e which have already been submitted will have the data picked up based on the time stamp of data changes.1 person found this helpful
It is better to do this change when all the PO are in Approved status and no new PO's/rev's are getting submitted during the data change.