4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2011 11:48 PM by Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant

iSupplier Forecasting, sales order demand and current INV levels?

Hello,
      My organization is considering implementing Oracle iSupplier. In playing with this in a test environment, I see that sales order demand and inventory levels are not pulled into the forecast. All I have been able to do is a blanket release against the blanket agreement and the qty that I put on the release is passed to the supplier side of the application. Is that it? I was hoping to have a more sophisticated calc on demand. Do I not have this setup correctly in me test environment?
      Thanks
      KPP
        • 1. Re: iSupplier Forecasting, sales order demand and current INV levels?
          Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant
          You will need to use ascp so system will look at open sales order / onhand /existing supply and recommend new planned orders.
          Then you can integrate the plan output with isupplier so the supplier can see those planned orders.

Hope this helps,
          Sandeep Gandhi

edit: You can also create planned orders using Purchasing and let the supplier see those.

Edited by: Sandeep Gandhi, Independent Consultant on Mar 15, 2011 1:47 PM
          • 2. Re: iSupplier Forecasting, sales order demand and current INV levels?
            Sandeep,
            Thank you so much for your feedback. I am taking this to reivew with the 3 others that I am working with on this implementation to get input from them as well.
            It is likely that I may ping you again!

Thank you!
            Kathy Purcell
            • 3. Re: iSupplier Forecasting, sales order demand and current INV levels?
              Sandeep,
              In learning a little bot about Advanced Supply Chain Planning (ASCP) that does seem like overkill for our organization. We are not a mfg, but rather a 3rd party re-seller.
              Planned Orders, is that essentially a standard PO to the supplier and then the see those PO's out on the external facing site of iSupplier?
              That is what we were initially doing but discovered that the only way to drive a forecast in this app is to use a Blanket Agreement and then releases.
              Our need is to include the demand from sales order and current INV levels. Is that "do-able" with standard PO's?

Thanks
              Kathy P.
              • 4. Re: iSupplier Forecasting, sales order demand and current INV levels?
                Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant
                >
                Our need is to include the demand from sales order and current INV levels. Is that "do-able" with standard PO's? >

There is no way to translate demand from Sales orders into PO automatically. You have a couple of options
                1) Use ATO / back-to-back order functionality. That will create a Requisition / PO whenever a order is booked. And the PO will be visible in iSupplier. However, this will NOT look at onhand.
                2) Run min-max planning. This will automatically create requisitions / PO when your onhand falls below required minimum. You can configure this to optionally look at open sales orders. Once the PO is approved, it will show up on iSupplier.

Hope this helps,
                Sandeep Gandhi