5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2011 3:56 PM by S.PDASH

Reg: iPROCUREMENT

Hi Experts,

Whether its possible to split one requisition line to multiple delivery location while creating requisition using iPROCUREMENT?.

Eg : Creating requisition for 10 qty of dell notebook. But i want to deliver 5 qty of DELL to "US -Office" and rest QTY to "India Office".

This kind of scenario handled in iprocurement. Guide me. I too found that, we are having option to split one requisition line during charge account (distribution).

Please help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

--Vino                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
        • 1. Re: Reg: iPROCUREMENT
          S.PDASH
          Hi,
          Could you please try below options through iProcurment as a workaround

1) Create a requisition with say Qty 20 by using an iprocurment responsibility.

2) Now try to change the requisition --> go to Edit Lines --> Delivery (Tab), select line 1, press copy button

3) You will see 2 lines , Select Lines 1 first, press update button, Change qty from 20 to 10, make sure Deliver to location is appearing as "US-office" as you mentioned, press apply.

4) reapeat step-3 for line 2 and mention deliver to location "India Office", press apply

5) In the main requisition check out step-1 form now you will see Deliver-To Location as "Multiple"

6) Complete the check out Process.. Submit for approval.

Hope this helps. Good Luck !!!

Kind Regards,
          S.P DASH
          • 2. Re: Reg: iPROCUREMENT
            Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant
            Vino,
            That is not possible. Delivery location is attached to the line. You can split a line into multiple distributions; but not into 2 locations.
            You have to create 2 lines.

Sandeep Gandhi
            • 3. Re: iPROCUREMENT
              Hi sandeep &DASH

Thank you so much for immediate reply.

Dash:-
              I tired with the option you suggested, but again its creating another line for same item.

Sandeep:-
              By exploring , I got some information, that , in buyer's work bench we can change the quantity of requisition line. Actually i am new to Iprocurement , Whether this buyer work bench comes with Iprocure. If so , how to enable this. Help me out.

Once again , I thank you so much for helping me.

Regards,
              ---Vino
              • 4. Re: iPROCUREMENT
                Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant
                , Whether this buyer work bench comes with Iprocure. If so , how to enable this.
                The buyer's workbench is part of the Purchasing module. You need that module to convert iProcurement requisitions into Purchase orders. You can check if you have the license for it by going to the License Manager screen or by running the following query. If it returns I, you have installed Purchasing.
                 select fpi.status From fnd_product_installations fpi where application_id=201 
                If it comes back with N or S, you need to obtain the license from Oracle and install it using License Manager.

In the buyers workbench, you can convert the requisitions into a PO. You can also split the po shipment line into 2 lines for 2 locations. But keep in mind that if you do that, you may break the link between the PO and the requisition.

Hope this helps,
                Sandeep Gandhi
                • 5. Re: iPROCUREMENT
                  S.PDASH
                  Hi Vino,
                  Your question : In buyer's work bench we can change the quantity of requisition line. Actually i am new to Iprocurement , Whether this buyer work bench comes with Iprocure. If so , how to enable this. Help me out.

Ans : Sandeep has correctly mentioned that Buyer work center is a new feature of R12 and part of Core Purchasing. You can change quantity of a requisition in 3 way in R12

a) Through i-procurement (Change request option of requisition, you can change qty, price etc. of existing requisition)
                  b) Through Buyer Work center --> Requisition
                  c) Core Purchasing --> requisitions

Buyer Work center is not part of iProcurement. Using iProcurement you can create catalog or non-catalog based requisitions, desktop receiving, return items, correct receipts, can view groups requisitions, notifications, Approvals etc...

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
                  S.P DASH