9 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2012 2:47 PM by 173936

ODBC-call failed

I am trying to export data from MS-Access(2007) to Oracle database(10g R1)..When i am trying to export i am getting below error message
                      ODBC-call failed
       [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]-00955:name is already used by an existing object
      (#955)
      But,whenever i am importing the data from sql i am not getting any error..I did with emp table from scott schema...What's the cause for above errror?
        • 1. Re: ODBC-call failed
          sb92075
          What's the cause for above errror?
          00955, 00000, "name is already used by an existing object"

CREATE TABLE EMP fails with ORA-00955 when EMP table already exists
          • 2. Re: ODBC-call failed
            12cdb
            ][Ora]-00955:name is already used by an existing object
            Object already exist, check the tables within schemas before you run import.
            • 3. Re: ODBC-call failed
              I am not talking about emp table,i am saying that while importing from emp table i had no issues.....the table of discussion is contacts..I have a table created in my schema scott with no values in it...
              SQL> desc contacts;
               Name                                                              Null?    Type
               ----------------------------------------------------------------- -------- -------------------------------
              ---------
               FIRST NAME                                                        NOT NULL VARCHAR2(20)
               LAST NAME                                                                  VARCHAR2(20)
               ADDRESS                                                                    VARCHAR2(20)
               CITY/TOWN                                                                  VARCHAR2(20)
               QUALIFICATION                                                              VARCHAR2(10)
               PHONE NUMBER                                                               NUMBER(11)
              • 4. Re: ODBC-call failed
                12cdb
                I am trying to export data from MS-Access(2007) to Oracle database(10g R1)..When i am trying to export i am getting
                I presume you are using ODBC Data Source, can you verify if you have selected only data export not the whole table.
                • 5. Re: ODBC-call failed
                  It is not going till there..As soon as i select my data source name...i am getting the error
                  • 6. Re: ODBC-call failed
                    sb92075
                    ..i am getting the error
                    We don't know what you do.
                    Oracle is too dumb to lie; so believe the error message/code!
                    • 7. Re: ODBC-call failed
                      I can import data from access to sql easily,but whenever i try to export data from access to sql...i am getting the below error :
                      ODBC-call failed
                       [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]-00955:name is already used by an existing object
                      (#955)
                      Edited by: sandy on Mar 22, 2011 11:47 PM
                      • 8. Re: ODBC-call failed
                        Solved it myself..I am not good with connecting access to oracle db,but now i sorted out that
                        • 9. Re: ODBC-call failed
                          Can you post the solution?