1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 25, 2011 7:51 PM by WPaffhausen

Export Failed Type Mismatch at line 262

Mustafa Tailor
      HI All,

I am trying to load Inter-company data from FDM 9x to HFM 9x.

I have successfully configured FM9i-G4-A.xml FDM IC Adapter.

Can anybody advice, as to how I should load the inter-company data file having transaction amount and Curr Conversion Rate? How should I derive Entity Amount on the fly by multiplying Trans Curr with Conversion Curr Rate?

======================
      This is what I have tried...
      ======================

My Import format contains, Entity, Account, C1 to C4, Trans Amount (Mapped with Amount column in FDM) and Currency Conversion Rate (CCR)

What I am not giving is Entity amount?

I want to calculate the Entity Amount with the following formula: Entity Amt = varvalues(9) * varvalues(37)

I have tried giving the formula as LIKE mapping but I am getting type mismatch error (not the one I have mentioned in the subject). I know that it is because of varvalues(37) returns string. I tried applying Val() or CDBL() functions but they don't work.

Then I remove the mapping and tried exporting the data. However, export fails before generating the data file and gives the following error: (Error log given)

** Begin FDM Runtime Error Log Entry [2011-03-26-10:27:05] **
      -------------------------------------------------------------
      ERROR:
      Code......................................... 13
      Description.................................. Type mismatch
      At Line: 262
      Procedure.................................... clsBlockProcessor.ActExport
      Component.................................... upsWBlockProcessorDM
      Version...................................... 931
      Thread....................................... 7320
        • 1. Re: Export Failed Type Mismatch at line 262
          WPaffhausen
          Hello,

I would suggest you reach out to Oracle. There are severe design considerations when using the HFM-IC Adapter as well as bugs around the 9x version. I should know .... I wrote/discovered them when I worked there.

With that being said ... the reason you are getting that error at line 262 is because it expects a "Double" value ... and FDM is passing it as an "String" value. You will need to edit the Export Action of the IC Adapter and wrap the value in a CDBL() statement.

Hopefully this helps....