2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 28, 2011 8:03 PM by handat RSS

Force LDAP synchronization through Java Code

Hi,

I have 2 LDAP (AD) servers and there are some changes done every night, using a Java code. I would like to force synchronization between these 2 servers after the change is done, using Java. I am not able to find any mothod to do this by using the LDAPContext class.

Any help on this is appreciated.

- Senthil.
        • 1. Re: Force LDAP synchronization through Java Code
          EJP
          I would like to force synchronization between these 2 servers after the change is done, using Java. I am not able to find any mothod to do this by using the LDAPContext class.
          I don't believe there is one. The LDAP synchronization mechanism is pretty tuneable though, you should be able to get the synchronization intervals down to where you need them. Or you could reconfigure one of the servers as a proxy of the other.
          • 2. Re: Force LDAP synchronization through Java Code
            handat
            LDAP synchronisation aka replication is non-standard and implemented differently on each vendor's implementation, thus there is no standard interface which Java can use. You'd be better off configuring the synchronisation directly on the AD side of things. You could potentically use Java to launch/execute a native ADSI script which forces synchronisation on AD if that is configured.