4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 11, 2011 6:21 PM by dvohra21 RSS

When web apps/war published via OEPE I get '404 Not found' on access

I am using Weblogic 10.3.4.0 and OEPE 11gR1PS3, which I downloaded as a bundle from the Oracle download site.

I have installed it on to my PC and have just an admin server running.

I am using 'Deploy Java EE modules in exploded archive' in OEPE against Weblogic 10.3.4.0.

It all seems to work fine, the two web/war applications are published, and if I look in the console I can see that they are deployed and active.
      But when I try and access either of the web/war applications from my browser I get a '404' error, and for the life of me I can't find any errors or Exceptions. It is as if the context root for these applications is just not recognised.

If I start Weblogic outside of Eclipse and deploy the apps via the autodeploy directory, they work fine.

In fact, if I use OEPE to run an 'Oracle Weblogic Server 11gr1 PatchSet 3' inside my Eclipse and all configured to work against a Weblogic 10.3.4.0 installation, and don't publish my web app/war via OEPE, but just copy the wars to the autodeploy there are no issues, I can access the web apps.

Summary: publishing web apps through OEPE will give 404 errors when you access them via a Web browser.

Edited by: 850114 on Apr 6, 2011 10:08 PM

Edited by: 850114 on Apr 6, 2011 10:09 PM