5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2011 3:14 PM by Satheesh Kumar

OBIEE 11g - Oracle Process Manger( instance1 ) not starting

kanna
      Hello,

We recently installed OBIEE 11g version 11.1.1.3.3 in one of the developement environments where we already have OBIEE 10.1.3.3.1 installed. We didnot come across any errors during installation and everything went fine. After installation When I saw the services Weblogic node manager is already started but Oracle Process Manager(instance1) is not started. When I try to start the service Orale Process Manager(instance1) I got the message Error 1053 : The service did not respond to start or control request in a timely fashion.
      When I tried to start the BI services from Start->All Programs->Oracle Business Intelligence(1) -> StartBIServices then a windows command prompt was opened asking for weblogic Admin user and Password. After giving the credentials some time later it weblogic server was shut down forcefully. When I open Web logic console and EM console I get Page cannot be displayed.

Please help me ...
      Thanks in Advance...!!!

Thanks
      kanna
        • 1. Re: OBIEE 11g - Oracle Process Manger( instance1 ) not starting
          kanna
          Did anybody got the same problem?

Please let me know ...

Thanks
          Kanna
          • 2. Re: OBIEE 11g - Oracle Process Manger( instance1 ) not starting
            SaichandVaranasi
            Kanna,

Have you changed the port numbers while installing 11g?

Thanks,
            Saichand.v
            • 3. Re: OBIEE 11g - Oracle Process Manger( instance1 ) not starting
              kanna
              HI Saichand,

We did not change any ports.
              We did choose Enterprise Installation and selected Auto port option while installing it.
              Anyways I am working with Oracle Support and today I got an update saying that OBIEE 11g wouldn't work in a system where already 10 g is installed.
              So we uninstalled 10 g and also uninstalled 11g and again re-installed 11g.
              This time the web logic console login page was opened and also the analytics page was opened and is fine.
              When I tried to login into the Weblogic Console it says "Authentication Denied"
              So I went to the services and saw that Oracle Process Manager(instance1) is not started and also Weblogic Node Manager is not started. So I started Weblogic Node Manager and also tried to start Oracle Process manager but it did not start and gave an error 1053 - The service could not start in a timely fashion .
              We are getting the same problem when we start the BIservices the Web logic server is forcefully shutting down.

When I looked into the log it says : "Authentication for user Weblogic is denied"

Here is the brief log from AdminServer.log:

####<Apr 11, 2011 6:21:14 PM PDT> <Critical> <WebLogicServer> <Myservername> <AdminServer> <Main Thread> <<WLS Kernel>> <> <> <1302571274976> <BEA-000386> <Server subsystem failed. Reason: weblogic.security.SecurityInitializationException: Authentication for user weblogic denied
              weblogic.security.SecurityInitializationException: Authentication for user weblogic denied
                   at weblogic.security.service.CommonSecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.doBootAuthorization(CommonSecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.java:965)
                   at weblogic.security.service.CommonSecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.initialize(CommonSecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.java:1050)
                   at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.initialize(SecurityServiceManager.java:875)
                   at weblogic.security.SecurityService.start(SecurityService.java:141)
                   at weblogic.t3.srvr.SubsystemRequest.run(SubsystemRequest.java:64)
                   at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:201)
                   at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:173)

Caused By: javax.security.auth.login.FailedLoginException: [Security:090304]Authentication Failed: User weblogic javax.security.auth.login.FailedLoginException: [Security:090302]Authentication Failed: User weblogic denied
                   at weblogic.security.providers.authentication.LDAPAtnLoginModuleImpl.login(LDAPAtnLoginModuleImpl.java:250)
                   at com.bea.common.security.internal.service.LoginModuleWrapper$1.run(LoginModuleWrapper.java:110)
                   at com.bea.common.security.internal.service.LoginModuleWrapper.login(LoginModuleWrapper.java:106)
                   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
                   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
                   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
                   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
                   at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.invoke(LoginContext.java:769)
                   at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.access$000(LoginContext.java:186)
                   at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext$4.run(LoginContext.java:683)
                   at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.invokePriv(LoginContext.java:680)
                   at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.login(LoginContext.java:579)
                   at com.bea.common.security.internal.service.JAASLoginServiceImpl.login(JAASLoginServiceImpl.java:113)
                   at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
                   at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
                   at com.bea.common.security.internal.utils.Delegator$ProxyInvocationHandler.invoke(Delegator.java:57)
                   at $Proxy22.login(Unknown Source)
                   at weblogic.security.service.internal.WLSJAASLoginServiceImpl$ServiceImpl.login(WLSJAASLoginServiceImpl.java:91)
                   at com.bea.common.security.internal.service.JAASAuthenticationServiceImpl.authenticate(JAASAuthenticationServiceImpl.java:82)
                   at com.bea.common.security.internal.utils.Delegator$ProxyInvocationHandler.invoke(Delegator.java:57)
                   at $Proxy40.authenticate(Unknown Source)
                   at weblogic.security.service.WLSJAASAuthenticationServiceWrapper.authenticate(WLSJAASAuthenticationServiceWrapper.java:40)
                   at weblogic.security.service.PrincipalAuthenticator.authenticate(PrincipalAuthenticator.java:348)
                   at weblogic.security.service.CommonSecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.doBootAuthorization(CommonSecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.java:929)
                   at weblogic.security.service.CommonSecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.initialize(CommonSecurityServiceManagerDelegateImpl.java:1050)
                   at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.initialize(SecurityServiceManager.java:875)
                   at weblogic.security.SecurityService.start(SecurityService.java:141)
                   at weblogic.t3.srvr.SubsystemRequest.run(SubsystemRequest.java:64)

Thanks
              Kanna
              • 4. Re: OBIEE 11g - Oracle Process Manger( instance1 ) not starting
                kanna
                Did any body got the same problem?

Thanks
                Kanna