7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 19, 2011 6:46 PM by scol's

BPA Price Changes

user11303545
      Hello,

Need help on one of the issue. When the BPA line price is updated with the a new price, Does it update the price of the already open releases ? My understanding is that the price should be reflected only on the new releases & the old release price should not change.

But our usres are saying that the open releases go to unapproved status. When the open release is changed to approved, it gets updated with the new price. The supplier invoice has the old price and the release shows the new price. This is causing issue with releasing as well.

Request your help on the same.

Thanks,
      Shilpa.
        • 1. Re: BPA Price Changes
          user11303545
          I meant "receiving" instead of "releasing" in the last sentence. Sorry for the typo.

Thanks,
          Shilpa.
          • 2. Re: BPA Price Changes
            S.PDASH
            Hi,
            Your question

Q1: When the BPA line price is updated with the a new price, Does it update the price of the already open recipts :

Ans : No

Q2: My understanding is that the price should be reflected only on the new receipts & the old receipts price should not change.

Ans : That's correct

Q3 : The supplier invoice has the old price and the release shows the new price.
            Ans : This is b'coz the invoice you created is matched to Old releases not to the new releases of agreement (BPA).
            In this kind of situation, Hold will be applied to invoice. Your Business and supplier need to decide on this.

Hope this will help.

Kind Regards,
            S.P DASH
            1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: BPA Price Changes
              user11303545
              Thanks Dash. This was helpful.

I have one more question. Can we control the BPA price changes by date. For e.g. if i change the price on BPA today 11th of Apr, But i want this to be effective only from 30th Apr. So all releases created after 30th should have the new price. I think this is not possible in Purchasing, but if we have an integration between Advanced Pricing & purchasing.

Thanks,
              Shilpa.
              • 4. Re: BPA Price Changes
                Sandeep Gandhi, Consultant
                You can use the "Effective" date fields in the terms section on the BPA. But that will require that you create two BPA.
                If you use ASL you can then add the 2 BPAs to the ASL with appropriate effective dates.

Will this work for you?
                Sandeep Gandhi
                • 5. Re: BPA Price Changes
                  user11303545
                  Yeah. But then this would need two BPA's & not sure if our users are fine with it. Need to check & we may need not change price of all the lines in BPA. I remember users mentioning it is only on few lines within BPA.

Thanks for your help.
                  Shilpa.
                  • 6. Re: BPA Price Changes
                    user9315362
                    I have a similiar situation; Business wants to future date new lines on an existing BPA and they do not want to create a new agreement. I see there is a START_DATE column on the PO_LINES_ALL table but I do not believe this field is visable on a blanket purchase agreement.

Is there any way to set a line level "effective from" date on a BPA?
                    • 7. Re: BPA Price Changes
                      scol's
                      I hope you have didnt choose to apply price change retroactively by Enabling Apply Price Updates to existing POs when approving the Blanket PA.

Purchasing further lets you control this retroactive price update through the Profile option PO: Allow Retroactive Pricing of POs to Open Release Only or
                      All Releases as to whether only Open Releases should be changed and set to Unapproved.

Scol's