1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 8, 2011 10:27 AM by captfoss RSS

Is it possible to use java to record the sound sent from other applications

I just want to find a Java solution to record sound and save as .mp3 file sent from other applications such as window media, realplayer etc. I know there are such softwares which can do this but they are not free and can't be do such custom development on it. I want an open source or free solution and can be second developed by Java language, are there any ones? Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Is it possible to use java to record the sound sent from other applications
          captfoss
          Eric Jiang wrote:
          I just want to find a Java solution to record sound and save as .mp3 file sent from other applications such as window media, realplayer etc. I know there are such softwares which can do this but they are not free and can't be do such custom development on it. I want an open source or free solution and can be second developed by Java language, are there any ones? Thanks.
          JavaSound is perfectly capable of recording the output of other programs assuming your system has a loopback interface for the sound card. You can learn about doing that from here: http://www.vsj.co.uk/java/display.asp?id=370

If you're looking for a software library that'll do everything for you, the appropriate place for that is Google. Do your own research.