This content has been marked as final. Show 6 replies
I believe the answer is in the error message
System error 193
%1 is not a valid Win32 application.
This would point to the Oracle client version.
Location for 32-bit version of the Odbcad32.exe file
A 64-bit version of the Microsoft Windows operating system includes the following versions of the Microsoft Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) Data Source Administrator tool (Odbcad32.exe):
The 32-bit version of the Odbcad32.exe file is located in the %systemdrive%\Windows\SysWoW64 folder.
The 64-bit version of the Odbcad32.exe file is located in the %systemdrive%\Windows\System32 folder.
Check for odbcad32.exe, or install the 32 bit drivers
One other tip, for Oracle client on 64 bit machine, both 32 bit and 64 bit clients should be installed. Unfortunately that'll mean that you'll have 2 Oracle Home directories on your machine.
I'm continuing to experience the same issue. I install the 64bit oracle client and it only seems to install it in the syswow64 folder.
When I try to access the ODBC connections in windows through control panel > administrative tools > data sources
I do not see the oracle ODBC drivers. However, I do see the connection that I created through the syswow 64 odbcad32.exe ; but i am unable to open it through the control panel.
Should I uninstall the 64 bit and reinstall the 32bit?
My apologies, I'm really new to this. Please help I'm totally lost here.
can you try the below steps?
1. Please start up the Oracle Universal Installer.
2. Click on the installed products button.
3. Click on the + in front of the Oracle Home name to expand the list. Find the Oracle ODBC Driver in the list and check the box in front of it. Then click on the remove button.
4. Once it has been deinstalled. Then in the Universal installer it will come back to the Welcome screen. Click on Next button.
5. Then select the installation media location you used to install the Oracle ODBC Driver for the Specify Source Location. Click on the Next Button.
6. In the Specify Home Details make sure to select the OraClient11g_home1 Oracle Home. Then click on the Next Button.
7. The Oracle ODBC Driver should be listed under the Reinstallations. Click on Install Button.