2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2011 5:03 AM by 855035

Freeware Single Sign On(SSO) library for Windows 7 in Struts application

Hello,

I have a struts web application, which was using jCifs package for Single Sign On authentication. This application is deployed in the Windows server 2003 machine and it is working fine, when accessed from the Windows XP client machine. But now our client systems are migrated to Windows 7 and from this machine, when I try to access the link, it doesn't work.

When I googled I got to know that Windows XP machine supports the NTLMv1 protocols and Win 7 supports only NTLMv2. But the package, jCifs which I was using for SSO does not support NTLMv2.

Now I want to know, is there any ways that I could perform the SSO in Windows 7 systems. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance !!!
        • 1. Re: Freeware Single Sign On(SSO) library for Windows 7 in Struts application
          gimbal2
          Uhm. I Google "java NTLMv2". First three hits contains this:

http://jcifs.samba.org/FAQ.html

I quote:

Q: Does jCIFS support NTLMv2?
          A: Yes. As of 1.3.0, JCIFS fully supports NTLMv2 and uses it by default.

I don't know where you get your claims from, but I'm guessing it was a quick assumption from your incredibly helpful and descriptive comment "it doesn't work". My guess is your version of JCifs is simply too old.
          • 2. Re: Freeware Single Sign On(SSO) library for Windows 7 in Struts application
            Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I am interested in the Single Sign On(SSO) feature for win 7 systems. In the same link which you had referred also says

Q: Does jCIFS support NTLMv2?

A: Yes. As of 1.3.0, JCIFS fully supports NTLMv2 and uses it by default.

Note: The NTLM HTTP SSO Filter that used to be included with JCIFS cannot support NTLMv2. See the above question for details.

Also kindly refer to the post http://lists.samba.org/archive/jcifs/2008-October/008227.html which says that the SSO filter option is removed from the jCIFS package. Also they had recommended JESPA from IOPLEX company for SSO feature, but this is the licensed software.

Please correct me if I am wrong.