4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 11, 2011 5:04 AM by 871547 RSS

How to deploy repository manually in OBIEE 11g

Hi,

I understand that the RPD to be deployed in EM(enterprise Manager) in OBIEE 11g. But unfortunatley we are unable to open core-application in EM for RPD Deployment. The EM is very slow.

Can any one help me in deploying RPD MANUALLY or by using some command prompts other tham in EM..

Thanks.

Edited by: RAJ on Apr 13, 2011 8:52 PM
        • 1. Re: How to deploy repository manually in OBIEE 11g
          Kishore Guggilla
          Hi,

this is what happened to one of my associate here.. only coreapplication home page taking very long time to open..
          I've one solution but, still we need to access the security > credentials part of em.. guess here you don't have any problem as you need to right click on expanded weblogicdomain folder then bifoundation_domain folder then security > credentials.. here you've to create a key with the name repository.RepName then update the username and rpd password accordingly...

here are the steps to deploy rpd without accessing em:
          1. go to <Home_path>\user_projects\domains\bifoundation_domain\config\fmwconfig
          2. Take backup of biee-domain.xml then open file in edit mode..
          3. locate this tag..
           ServerOptions repositoryDataSourceName="Star" repositoryName= 
          4. update the repositoryName accordingly without .rpd extention then save.
          5. Now, create a repository key under oracle.bi.enterprise in em as explained above..
          6. restart all bi-services from start menu..

Note: take backup of all xml files including NQSConfig.INI, instanceconfig.INi, rpd, catalogs tooo.. before doing this..
          • 2. Re: How to deploy repository manually in OBIEE 11g
            Hi,

Anybody has any answers for this? I am having the same problem.

Regards.
            • 3. Re: How to deploy repository manually in OBIEE 11g
              Paul
              Did you try the above steps mentioned by Kishore?
              • 4. Re: How to deploy repository manually in OBIEE 11g
                Hi,

I have been told of a different way yo change the rpd and catalog, which is by updating de NQSConfig.INI and Instanceconfig.xml files.

However, I am also interested in knowing why I cannot acces the coreapplication from em. Any comment on this?

Thanks and regards.